This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic corsa engine sounds rattly

Hey, i've had my arctic for about 3 months now with no problems. However i noticed the other day when i started my engine that the engine sounded louder than usual when standing. I'm going to get in contact with vauxhall because it is still under warranty but i was just curious if anybody knew what it could be! Should be a link below! cheers

http://www.vimeo.com/25144643

Is there any notice in power? Any lights etc?

Comment

That does not sound good mate!
      arctic 212, stage 3 regal with all extra's
      Now for sale, £9500 ONO all thanks to my penus lol

Comment

Also sounds a bit tractory which is the noise made from a leaky downpipe (blowing).

Comment

mine makes a rattling sort of noise when its cold, once warmed up it disappears. does yours do this or is it still there even when the engine is up to temp?

Comment

i hate to put a downer on things but thats exactly what mine was doing up until last week when i finally got it back piston number 4 went on mine!

rattling sounded like was coming from bottom end, i had the top end rebuilt and started with broken valve spring above piston 4, did about 150 miles and then it went bang! my engine completely standard to!

Do ya know what though, i still absolutely love my lil corsa and she will be fixed soon running bigger and safer power soon!! bored out and oversized pistons!! lol silver lining!!

really hope its not for ya pal, but just sounds very similar, rattling when cold then went when warm, only difference mine had a noticeable dip in performance right before it went, gave me about 5 mile warning, take it to vauxhall and make them have a look fingers crossed its just something loose.

Comment

Oh dear :\, no notice in power decrease and driving it at the moment feels fine its just the noise when its standing. I best get in contact with vauxhall tomorrow then. I'll update this as soon as i know what the diagnosis is.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic255 View Post
                Oh dear :\, no notice in power decrease and driving it at the moment feels fine its just the noise when its standing. I best get in contact with vauxhall tomorrow then. I'll update this as soon as i know what the diagnosis is.
                Good luck mate. Keep us informed

Comment

Originally posted by davey__vxr View Post
                  i hate to put a downer on things but thats exactly what mine was doing up until last week when i finally got it back piston number 4 went on mine!

rattling sounded like was coming from bottom end, i had the top end rebuilt and started with broken valve spring above piston 4, did about 150 miles and then it went bang! my engine completely standard to!

Do ya know what though, i still absolutely love my lil corsa and she will be fixed soon running bigger and safer power soon!! bored out and oversized pistons!! lol silver lining!!

really hope its not for ya pal, but just sounds very similar, rattling when cold then went when warm, only difference mine had a noticeable dip in performance right before it went, gave me about 5 mile warning, take it to vauxhall and make them have a look fingers crossed its just something loose.
                  bugger lol. hopefully that's not what mine is =x when piston 4 goes, what damage does it do and how much does it cost to get it all fixed roughly?

Comment

£2000 at a garage if not more

Comment

not quite sure im looking at boring it out and getting the oversized cosworth pistons , think takes it upto pretty much 1.7 turbo!! he he can't wait! lol

other damage, spose you could damage crank and bearings haven't seen inside my block yet could of damage the liner hence the boring out, i reckon doing it myself im still looking £2000 but be a load of fun after

what i don't get is that mine has been warmed up cooled down and previous owner was on here and he loved the car to the point of taking numberplates off when cleaning it so can't imagine he thrashed it so standard car with 56,000 miles bang!! was thinking although out of warranty vx should still fix as its reoccurring issue!

as before though i love that little car and when it gets fixed straight back out to soak up the attention lol

hope vx sort whatever it is mate, so ya can enjoy it and trust me you will even with niggles like this!

Comment

Just had a phone call off vauxhall saying that it sounds normal? I explained to them that it didn't sound like that a week ago and they have said that i should go to the garage and have a listen to it with one of there technicians, so it looks like i will be popping over there after work because im 100% sure that it should not sound like that!

Comment

Hope its nothing major for you pal

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it mate. Mine sounds the same (totally standard car). It's just the sound of a Vauxhall engine in my experience.

As long as you look after it etc...don't worry about the sounds it makes. If it drives normal, there's nothing wrong

Dave

Comment

Yeah mate, i think the sound quality of that video makes it sound alot louder. The guy at the vauxhall garage said it sounded fine and all that you can hear is the cylinders moving which can only be heard when the bonnet is open. Gotta go back vauxhall though again because my air bag and belt pre tension system is flashing constantly!

Comment

Working...
                              X