This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost gauge in vent.

Hey guys I'm considering doing a boost gauge in the drivers side vent as it's nice and out the way there.
    Question I have is I've seen a few people on here fit them but what would be the best way to get it to fit nice and snug in the vent so it won't rattle about and be loose?
    Also what kinda size gauge do I go for? 52 or 60 mm.
    And I know the only place to route the vac hose is through the grommet on the passenger side, I know I'm gonna have to route the vac hose all the way to the drivers side vent under the dash but will the vac hose reach? Also is electrical or mechanical gauge best to fit?
    Cheers.

jigger makes a nice vent guage holder, could almost pass for oem
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
    Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
      jigger makes a nice vent guage holder, could almost pass for oem
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ighlight=gauge

Wayne (Corsa 88 also made some vent pods that were plug and play if you supplied the gauge. 52mm fit good
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Ahh right. So the pods in that link do they fit securely? What's used to keep them in place and not wobble about?
        Cheers for the info guys.
        Also what happens with the heater pipe? Is it blocked off or removed if so with what? I don't want my gauge melting lol.

Comment

2 words .... BALL-ACHE!!

Comment

Originally posted by kris the kingo 1987 View Post
            2 words .... BALL-ACHE!!
            I know it's a bit of a pain but I want it to look nice and tidy and putting it in the vent is tidy. Just prefer not to have the gauge on a little stand ontop of the dash.

Comment

ive just brought a boost gauge for the air vent,

its a 60 mm prosport one
              http://prosportgauges.com/amber-whit...t-gauge-1.aspx

then i've got an adapter plate thingy from vxrcorsa888
              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...et-money-mod**

corsa arctic edition #257
              now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrsimon88 View Post
                I know it's a bit of a pain but I want it to look nice and tidy and putting it in the vent is tidy. Just prefer not to have the gauge on a little stand ontop of the dash.
                I've just done my air vent mate and the hardest bit is getting the Perspex exact and getting the standard vent out unscathed Looks the dogs danglies tho

Comment

best opition is to buy the pod mate, will save stress and hassel as kris found out lol. and id go with the 52mm. i had 60mm then changed them all to 52mm. they look better.

Comment

That vent that Wayne does looks quite smart. How long does it take for him to do it. Would I have to send the gauge with the vent?

I'm thinking of a prosport gauge too. Not sure weather to have mechanical or electric gauge or 52 or 60 mm
                    Cheers for the input guys.

A boost gauge should be a standard gauge for the vxr.

Comment

52mm looks better and electrical is better as you dont have to get the vac hose into the car then, you dont have to send him the gauge but if you do he can make sure its a good fit then.

Comment

Cool cheers. I've seen a few video reviews on YouTube and it's been proven that mechanical gauges are faster and more accurate. This means more vac hose into the car but you just route this where the wires would go for the steppermotor.

What gauges are you guys running? And if electrical why? As they are slot more expensive and are not as fast acting as the mechanical ?

Comment

im running prosport oil temp water temp exhuast temp and boost. there all electrical.

Comment

i tried to put them in the vents, then passed, then got myself a double pod from from MPG on sunday at PVS

VX11 Facelift Blue Edition Corsa VXR

Nurburgring Splitter - 2.5'' Cobra double decat - 17" Pro Race 1.2 - Courts hoses - HIDs - Wind Deflectors - Boost Gauge - Water Temp Gauge - Jetex Cone Filter - Nortech Performance FMIC - 30mm PI Springs

Comment

Anyone running mechanical boost gauge?

Comment

Working...
                              X