This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air vent pod

Just a quick question to people who have the single air vent on drivers side as a gauge now.
    How do you go about blocking the air from the heater off as I don't want the gauge melting lol
    What's peoples different ways and how secure is it?
    Is there a blanking plug or can you use like a bag?
    Cheers

Would sponge foam work? Or burn or melt over time? Lol

Comment

i will be fitting mine soon and would also like to know

i'm sure it wouldnt get that hot and melt tho

corsa arctic edition #257
      now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

i would say with it been so small on the corsa a microfiber cloth should do the job
        sigpic
        3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

Comment

Originally posted by AddVXR View Post
          i would say with it been so small on the corsa a microfiber cloth should do the job
          Really? I would of thought you would still get air past the cloth?

Comment

Originally posted by vxrsimon88 View Post
            Really? I would of thought you would still get air past the cloth?
            not really mate if its in nice and tight there wont be much pressure on it as the air will be coming out the other vents or if you wnat drop me a PM and if you cover P&P costs i can send you abit of foam that will do the job.
            sigpic
            3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

Comment

Originally posted by AddVXR View Post
              not really mate if its in nice and tight there wont be much pressure on it as the air will be coming out the other vents or if you wnat drop me a PM and if you cover P&P costs i can send you abit of foam that will do the job.
              Surely I could just chop up a car sponge?

I have microfibre clothes but I'm thinking a foam sponge would work better than a scrunched up microfibre?

Comment

Anyone done this?

Comment

Like this?

Comment

Yes mate. How did u block off the vent ?

Comment

I've got one in the centre console vent and I've not put anything to block the air. I've also had my vents on hot to see wat happened and the gauge does get hot . But if I'm honest you could just channel the air through the window de-mist vents or the foot heaters thats alls I'm gunna do in winter cause at the end of the day the whole car inside will heat up just not as fast!

Comment

Originally posted by kris the kingo 1987 View Post
                        I've got one in the centre console vent and I've not put anything to block the air. I've also had my vents on hot to see wat happened and the gauge does get hot . But if I'm honest you could just channel the air through the window de-mist vents or the foot heaters thats alls I'm gunna do in winter cause at the end of the day the whole car inside will heat up just not as fast!
                        Yeah that's prob what I'll do in the winter. I'm just concerned that over time the boost gauge and vac pipe on the back of it will get hot and break. So that's why I'm thinking of a car sponge down the vent hole?

Comment

It's up to you mate but I wouldn't say sponge will stop it from heating up like .

Comment

Originally posted by kris the kingo 1987 View Post
                            It's up to you mate but I wouldn't say sponge will stop it from heating up like .
                            Might still get warm but surely will stop most of the air blowing at it.

Comment

Not sure, I did not do it. But if the heat is up it does get slightly warm, not hot just a bit warm. Just bung a sock down there

Comment

Working...
                              X