This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice pleaseeee on Corsa VXR...

Hmmmm looking for some help regarding my recently purchased Corsa VXR...

-Re-map? Worth it, any feedback on this... How much extra power can car handle?
    -Dump valve, best make to go for? thinking Bailey...
    -Induction kit... been advised pipercross over K&N... any feedback?

If anyone has any opinions that might help please leave a post....

Pictures up soon

Question is, are you in warranty and do you want to loose it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brigzi8 View Post
      Hmmmm looking for some help regarding my recently purchased Corsa VXR...

-Re-map? Worth it, any feedback on this... How much extra power can car handle?
      -Dump valve, best make to go for? thinking Bailey...
      -Induction kit... been advised pipercross over K&N... any feedback?

If anyone has any opinions that might help please leave a post....

Pictures up soon
      Welcome to VXRO

As above, if you value your warranty don't touch anything! A remap is instant void and DV can be too. That said some DV's can completely screw cars, others work fine.

Induction kits don't really work; panel filter is your best bet on the corsa.

Have a look at the user guide in my siggy, lots of useful stuff for a newbie in there
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
        Question is, are you in warranty and do you want to loose it?
        +1

if you dont mind losing your warranty

Question 1 - remap totally transforms the car in my eyes. best speaking to your preferred tuner
        Question 2 - dont think alot of people recomend them as it puts them into limp mode
        Question 3 - any reasonable panel filter will do the job unless you want some noise.

HTH
        Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcopey View Post
          +1

Question 1 - remap totally transforms the car in my eyes. best speaking to your preferred tuner
          Question 2 - dont think alot of people recomend them as it puts them into limp mode
          Question 3 - any reasonable panel filter will do the job unless you want some noise.

HTH
          Couldn't of said it any better

Comment

+1

HTH

Only real reason I was wary of re-map was if gear box etc wouldn't be able to cope... Have any u guys had it done? If so what is ur car putting out now???

...looks like il stay clear of DV lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brigzi8 View Post
              Only real reason I was wary of re-map was if gear box etc wouldn't be able to cope... Have any u guys had it done? If so what is ur car putting out now???

...looks like il stay clear of DV lol
              the g'box is well rated mate, those running 300bhp are on standard gearboxes
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

300+ mate

Comment

car is fab as standard , but map it and unleash its potential !!!

Comment

remap makes a huge difference, especially the torque. more pull through 2nd and 3rd gears. wouldnt go for the dump valve, can cause problems. pipercross is the best bet for me, although i would suggest a panal filter first.
                    all the tuners will offer there own warranty on the remap but i would think carefully before modding your car. if you can afford the repairs if something goes wrong, then go ahead. if not, then dont rely on the tuners to fix it for u. last thing is, be sure to tell the insurance if you do mod. might be worth asking them the increase in price for the mods you want BEFORE doing them. tracker on mine made no difference while new wheels, although cheaper, cost over £100 extra, so be sure to check.

Comment

+1

HTH
                      +1 well said

Comment

Get a cone, sounds like a dump valve Fooled a few of my friends... "Oh cool, when did you fit a dump valve...!?" "It's a cone mate!" Had this convo in my car about 5 times now lol.

A cone in the little VXR sounds nothing like a cone in an N/A.

N.A = Roar
                        Little turbo = Loads of boost and dump valve sound

Comment

Originally posted by wrcallar View Post
                          Get a cone, sounds like a dump valve Fooled a few of my friends... "Oh cool, when did you fit a dump valve...!?" "It's a cone mate!" Had this convo in my car about 5 times now lol.

A cone in the little VXR sounds nothing like a cone in an N/A.

N.A = Roar
                          Little turbo = Loads of boost and dump valve sound
                          the only thing about a cone is the heatsoak. corsa doesnt have the best natural airflow
                          Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

Comment

Working...
                          X