This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running in / Oil Change

How do you run a brand new vxr in guys? Is it don't go over 4500 revs for the first 1000miles?

Then you can give it beans?

And do you do an oil change at 1000?

Does it not say in the manual?
    To be honest, it may just be me but If had a brand new engine i'd never take it over 2.5k and never full throttle. I just would have something to go wrong as I had head a slightly heavy foot for 1k miles. You could always be cheeky, set the cruise-o to 60 in 6th and sit in the inside lane on the motorway for a hour a day wouldn't take too long at all to clock up the 1k.

Yeah oil change after 1k. Wouldn't give it then beans until after the oil change.
    Also always let the car warm up and cool down when giving it the beans.

Comment

why do you change the oil at 1k?

Comment

Yh defo not full throttle id prob go to 3 - 3 n half k.
        And as corey says definatly not until oil change. Read toms siggy some great advise in there mate

Comment

Originally posted by cainey View Post
          why do you change the oil at 1k?
          To clean all the worn bits out the engine. Sort of washing the system. As the pistons etc bed in it'll make a lot of swarf etc where it may not 100% flush in the bore etc. Therefore you clean the system so there's nothing in there which could damage anything.
          Also I believe you're running a different type of oil which is (i think) too dense for using full throttle.

I'm really not 100% as you can imagine and I may be 100% wrong however I know i'm along the right lines.
          If somebody doesn't pop along (which they should shortly) give the dealers a ring, they'll explain it much better lol.

Comment

as soon as i got mine i hammered the crap out of it, no need to run it in and cant see the point of an oil change at 1000 miles,its got a warranty if it breaks give it back to vx and tell them to sort it

Comment

Thats a great way to look after your motor!

Comment

Originally posted by pebbles8 View Post
                as soon as i got mine i hammered the crap out of it, no need to run it in and cant see the point of an oil change at 1000 miles,its got a warranty if it breaks give it back to vx and tell them to sort it
                I presume you don't keep your cars for longer than 20k miles?
                It wouldn't be recommended by pretty much all car companies to have the oil change for no reason. Same with running them in...

Comment

if the engines new i wouldnt go over 35 revs just sit with cruise control on personally ad change oil and filter at 500miles then again at 1000miles gradually building the revs up after 1k i wouldnt go out and kick the crap out of it straite after 1k miles id leave a cuple thousand just to make sure everythings sound just my personally preference when i rebuild engines

Comment

^ +1 mate

Comment

dont vauxhall run the engines in before they sell the car so there no need for you to do anything? I would only run the engine in after a rebuild...
                      Tech 2, Cruise Control, Anti Hijack, Check Control, Board Computer And Divorce & Marry New Radios & Screens In & Around SouthWest London/Heathrow Airport. Pm For Info

Comment

Originally posted by mannan6 View Post
                        dont vauxhall run the engines in before they sell the car so there no need for you to do anything? I would only run the engine in after a rebuild...
                        Better safe than sorry mate.

Comment

Originally posted by mannan6 View Post
                          well said mate i totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by pebbles8 View Post
                            well said mate i totally agree
                            Haha u would

Comment

I just ran as normal with my first Vxr. Changed oil after 1000 miles. No problems ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X