This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone help me settle an argument please

basically i have been chatting to a friend of mines mate who had owned a brand new vxr corsa and disintegrated the turbo within 2 weeks. we have been arguing over the following:

how?
    will vauxhall tell him to do one due to wreckless driving?
    and the fact its gonna cost him a fortune.

now my argument is that he's screwed the **** out of the car from being handed the keys and its his own fault.....but he argues that he's just had a rubbish turbo and its just done it itself.

is he talking out of his backside??
    tommy

Did you ever see him driving recklessly?

If VX have reason to belive the car has been mistreated they can refuse warranty.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Wtf does it matter, take it to Vauxhall and see what they say? That will settle your pointless argument

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

More interesting is that vxrtommy1 joined this forum on my birthday..
          Auto Inparts.com
          exclusive automotive products
          www.autoinparts.com
          www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
          ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Comment

Originally posted by TonyJ View Post
            More interesting is that vxrtommy1 joined this forum on my birthday..
            Lol,

It would take a bit longer than 2 weeks to kill it unless he's driven like a complete tool everywhere and anywhere I would have thought.
            #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

As said if it's been brought from a dealer then no matter what you've treated it like they should do the work full stop!! There not going to know are they? A new Turbo is around £550-600 but it's the labour costs where all the money goes.

Comment

yeah i have seen him drive stupidly, seen him red line from cold etc....thats type of driver. i wouldn't say its a massive argument just a slightly heated debate in the pub haha. he's taken it in yesterday so only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by matty smt View Post
                  As said if it's been brought from a dealer then no matter what you've treated it like they should do the work full stop!! There not going to know are they? A new Turbo is around £550-600 but it's the labour costs where all the money goes.
                  Technically yes they could if the ECU was checked........ the various eCU's around the car store certain values which have before now been used in a court of law for serious RTAs
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                    Wtf does it matter, take it to Vauxhall and see what they say? That will settle your pointless argument
                    +1 there are better things to argue about VX are the one to settle this.

Comment

I used to hammer my Nissan 200SX about everywhere, bouncing off the limiter, flames spitting out the **** and mine lasted me a year before I sheared a bolt on the turbo and needed a new one (£1000 fitted) so unless the corsa ones are made of swiss cheese I would have thought there was probably a manufacturing defect in there somewhere that has been stressed due to the way your friend has been driving and even if VX say its due to misuse he should still be able to get 50/50 on the car due to a manufacturing fault in the design of the turbo as you buy the car expecting it to be able to take a bit of abuse.

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Deathace View Post
                        I used to hammer my Nissan 200SX about everywhere, bouncing off the limiter, flames spitting out the **** and mine lasted me a year before I sheared a bolt on the turbo and needed a new one (£1000 fitted) so unless the corsa ones are made of swiss cheese I would have thought there was probably a manufacturing defect in there somewhere that has been stressed due to the way your friend has been driving and even if VX say its due to misuse he should still be able to get 50/50 on the car due to a manufacturing fault in the design of the turbo as you buy the car expecting it to be able to take a bit of abuse.

Russ
                        No you buy a car to accept that some degree of mechanical sympathy is required for longevity, VX will determine if it's a genuine fault or if someone has been absuing it end of.

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                          No you buy a car to accept that some degree of mechanical sympathy is required for longevity, VX will determine if it's a genuine fault or if someone has been absuing it end of.
                          Yes granted Ian, nothing is so bullet proof that you are unable to find a way to blow it up but in the same breath cars made now are a lot better (if the census is to be believed) than they were 20 years ago and therefore should be restricted in the ECU and general engine management to stop people going too far to cause detrimental effects on the car in standard trim. If we are talking years of abuse then fine expect something to go pop but not after such a short time.

If he had modified it to take out any such restrictions then you will obviously run the risk of doing something sooner or outwith the normal specs of the car.

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Deathace View Post
                            Yes granted Ian, nothing is so bullet proof that you are unable to find a way to blow it up but in the same breath cars made now are a lot better (if the census is to be believed) than they were 20 years ago and therefore should be restricted in the ECU and general engine management to stop people going too far to cause detrimental effects on the car in standard trim. If we are talking years of abuse then fine expect something to go pop but not after such a short time.

If he had modified it to take out any such restrictions then you will obviously run the risk of doing something sooner or outwith the normal specs of the car.

Russ
                            Lack of mechanical sympathy can blow things up where as sustained hard use can be fine - take the power event corsa for an example of that considering the tought time they get and also the variety of shall we say "driving styles" lol

Astra

Comment

Freeze frame data only gets saved when you hit a fault code. Clear the code and then they cant tell.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                              X