This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best brake pads for not squeaking

As title says I need to replace my front pads and I wondering what's peoples choice on front pads for good performance and not squeaking
    ASTRA VXR STAGE 3.5 - 310BHP -346FTLBS TORQUE
    PM ME FOR CORSA GAUGE KITS AND ASTRA VXR DUFFUSER FINS

+1

I need some too so what are recommendations people??

Comment

comon people hahahaha

Comment

most after market ones should be an improvement. oh and people will say its the plate behind the disk... i dont think this is true, mine squeeled loads bent all those plates out didnt make a blind bit of difference, its obvious really, it squeeks only when you break.. therefore its the breaks lol. changed the pads even to some known for a bit of squeel and they have been quiet ever since. occasionally i get a little bit but only if i havnt breaked hard for a while.

Comment

Iv got redstuffs and they squeal.
          #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
            Iv got redstuffs and they squeal.
            ive never been convinced by any ebc stuff need to do my rears and when i reverse n break the sound is horrendous! lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndyReinlo View Post
              ive never been convinced by any ebc stuff need to do my rears and when i reverse n break the sound is horrendous! lol
              Iv got ebc turbo grooved discs as well and don't rate the set up at all. OEM is what il be going back to next.
              #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

So the OEM ones are no different on newer corsa's than the ones I have on my 07 plate corsa? Mine squeak Only if you are breaking lightly, I.e not coming to a complete stop, just slowing down slightly, some days it seems worse than others, but it does drive me a bit mad sometimes! So I am hoping somebody has an answer to your question....
                Luz
                VXRacing ahead
                Last edited by Luz; 26 June 2011, 12:11 PM.
                Used to own: Arden Blue Astra VXR.

Now own: Silver Corsa VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                  Iv got ebc turbo grooved discs as well and don't rate the set up at all. OEM is what il be going back to next.
                  I'm glad you've sed this cause I was thinking of having a ebb set up think il save some money and get the original ones
                  ASTRA VXR STAGE 3.5 - 310BHP -346FTLBS TORQUE
                  PM ME FOR CORSA GAUGE KITS AND ASTRA VXR DUFFUSER FINS

Comment

Originally posted by shinagon View Post
                    I'm glad you've sed this cause I was thinking of having a ebb set up think il save some money and get the original ones
                    May well just be the pads but the discs don't half look good

But if I don't go big brake set up eventually, il be going OEM.
                    #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

I have just fitted bosch branded brake pads only a little squeek when its a hot day big improvment on the vauxhall pads
                      Sir Dale Of Yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by DRC 72 View Post
                        I have just fitted bosch branded brake pads only a little squeek when its a hot day big improvment on the vauxhall pads
                        What price did you pay mate? Have you replaced front or back or both?

Comment

The OEM ones are perfectly good, its all down to using copper grease on the right areas then breaking them in gently and they wont squeek
                          Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Originally posted by Cambo1985 View Post
                            The OEM ones are perfectly good, its all down to using copper grease on the right areas then breaking them in gently and they wont squeek
                            Hi mate, you talking from experience of the corsa?, I had mine de-greased, cleaned etc a few months ago, was fine for a few days and then squeak gradually got worse, I definetly did no hard braking etc, the squeak has just got gradually worse and back to how it was before. None of my previous cars have ever bad this issue, including my astra VXR which I had for over two years with no squeaks. So I just presume it has to be the vauxhall brake pads on the corsa...

They work perfectly fine, just the noise!!

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                              Hi mate, you talking from experience of the corsa?, I had mine de-greased, cleaned etc a few months ago, was fine for a few days and then squeak gradually got worse, I definetly did no hard braking etc, the squeak has just got gradually worse and back to how it was before. None of my previous cars have ever bad this issue, including my astra VXR which I had for over two years with no squeaks. So I just presume it has to be the vauxhall brake pads on the corsa...

They work perfectly fine, just the noise!!
                              Not specifically the corsas but on cars and vans ive worked on in previous jobs.

I know if you buy a brake pads and disc kit from vauxhall you dont get the same quality did you buy a kit by chance? I know if you buy pads and discs seperately then you get what was originally fitted from the factory.

Did you fit them yourself or did a garage do it? To give them a major clean up i would attack the caliper with wire brush, brake cleaner and a rag to dry it off and spotless then a good quality grease i would use copper grease. I know to a lot of places cleaning the caliper is giving it a quick going over with a wire brush which still leaves loose dust everywhere. Also that anti squeel paste some garages use is rubbish.
                              Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Working...
                              X