This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa is off to regal

Well according to vauxhall my clutch is knackered and won't be repaired under warranty - so getting the regal astra vxr kit - hoping this is good as costing me a fair bit!

Should be able to withstand a lot as this gets fitted to there 300 bhp + cars. So should be fine for my small 222 bhp and 233 tourque!

No mods for a while after this though! Poor credit cards taken a battering!
    Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

are you not planning to add anymore power to your car mate ??? if not the oem clutch will do just fine. Thats alot of money to spend if youre not taking the car any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
      are you not planning to add anymore power to your car mate ??? if not the oem clutch will do just fine. Thats alot of money to spend if youre not taking the car any further.
      The cost of getting the vauxhall one and fitted is not far off.
      My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

Comment

Originally posted by dc44 View Post
        The cost of getting the vauxhall one and fitted is not far off.
        really??? surely thats if you have VX fit it though?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
          really??? surely thats if you have VX fit it though?
          I take it back as i thought he was getting the clutch and flywheel.

however, I have read that the part cost alone for the flywheel and clutch from vauxhall is not far off the regal kit.
          My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

Comment

Originally posted by gazza5 View Post
            Well according to vauxhall my clutch is knackered and won't be repaired under warranty - so getting the regal astra vxr kit - hoping this is good as costing me a fair bit!

Should be able to withstand a lot as this gets fitted to there 300 bhp + cars. So should be fine for my small 222 bhp and 233 tourque!

No mods for a while after this though! Poor credit cards taken a battering!
            i got it regal one seems good enough pitty about the rattle it makes when the clutch is up but u'll get used to keeping it dwn like i have sounds like the engine is knocking...

Comment

Yea it does rattle but as said wen it does I just dip the clutch so people don't think it's a Nail haha

But it does rev quicker and I've had no problems putting power down

Comment

vauxhall cost is £950 fitted - the actual clutch isn't expensive - but Vauxhall have said it may need a new flywheel as well. Car isn't covered by warranty anymore - so doesn't seem worth getting vauxhall to do it.

Also standard clutch I have been told (and not by regal) is crap - I do a lot of town driving and this is what has caused my clutch to go after 20000 miles - vauxhall don't want to know.

I also have a mate who runs cosworths etc - and hes said you need a uprated clutch regardless of power in these cars - once mapped clutch should be next on list - car will get a exhaust but that will be next year sometime - although might look at a insignia at the weekend see if I can trade in with the clutch slip and brake son the limit
                Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

Comment

why would they not repair it under warrenty if your covered?

edit: nevermind, seen your mapped.

Comment

go for the 1 courts have to offer no rattles then...

Comment

don't fancy the journey though.

Vauxhall will only cover clutch up to 18500 miles - so if you do that in 1 year then clutch is only covered for one year.

Comment

I've seen mentions that Clutches are only covered for 3000 miles on some cars lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                          I've seen mentions that Clutches are only covered for 3000 miles on some cars lol
                          yes yours......vauxhall have your number.
                          sigpic

Comment

anyone knwo anythign about the courts one - I'm not sure about the regal one as it rattles - so I have heard. Can see my missus getting annoyed - £1200 and your car rattles - blah blah blah

Although whats another rattle anyway - my doors keep knocking etc.

Comment

I'm sure you can get a spring kit for extra to stop it.

You going for the uprated clutch plate and cover then

Comment

Working...
                              X