This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the rebuild begin....

Got a new lump today so rebuild be starting next week been speaking to thorney and a good customer of theirs and am really considering going dwn the route of plonking in an astra vxr lump (which they have done) what u guys think as i want big and reliable power here's the z16 ler i had today...

I think the astra engine is heavier and you can get the same power in the Z16. I also think that TMS should be able to seeing as a German did it in his garage

That and you should've gone to Regal.....
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Mate just stick with the 1.6 can get big power out of them

You've just spent 7k u must be minted if thinking of doing Astra lump

Just swop a the internals over and get the gt28 on it

Comment

Originally posted by tommylarge02 View Post
        Mate just stick with the 1.6 can get big power out of them

You've just spent 7k u must be minted if thinking of doing Astra lump

Just swop a the internals over and get the gt28 on it
        +1.

A stage 3 corsa is quicker than a stage 3 astra or so ive heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
          I think the astra engine is heavier and you can get the same power in the Z16. I also think that TMS should be able to seeing as a German did it in his garage

That and you should've gone to Regal.....
          regals a no no... yes a german did it in his garage but regal or courts ain't done it in their workshop lol...

and yes its heavier needing harder springs on the front but thinking a 2.0 would handle 400bhp alot easier than a 1.6 gunna look in to it abit first z16 ler for this summer most probs and when she goes away for winter might start something different then...

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
            +1.

as swn as the astra hits third its goodbye corsa...

Comment

Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
              regals a no no... yes a german did it in his garage but regal or courts ain't done it in their workshop lol...

and yes its heavier needing harder springs on the front but thinking a 2.0 would handle 400bhp alot easier than a 1.6 gunna look in to it abit first z16 ler for this summer most probs and when she goes away for winter might start something different then...
              Then you'll need to spend more on handling as it's heavier.

Comment

Regal is where your money is at So i'd have gone back...!

Its heavier, upsets the weight distribution and you can get similar power from the Z16 block... i can't see the point in it?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                  Regal is where your money is at So i'd have gone back...!

Its heavier, upsets the weight distribution and you can get similar power from the Z16 block... i can't see the point in it?
                  it was mate but had no call backs from them when i phoned on numerous times weight distribution can be sorted with different suspension and no1 on here has done it... yet...

Comment

ill give it a month before we hear complaints about thorney

Comment

it was mate but had no call backs from them when i phoned on numerous times weight distribution can be sorted with different suspension and no1 on here has done it... yet...
                      Other than K0ax.... lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                        +1.

Who told you that someone with a stage 3 corsa by anychance
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
                          Who told you that someone with a stage 3 corsa by anychance
                          lol gotta love some of the comments on here havent you mate.

Comment

Lol. 250 v 300

Comment

lets be honest, this is your 4th engine now out of the two corsa's you've owned? maybe also a gearbox on the last one? (thats going from your previous username and current one(unless i have been miss informed, which i'm pretty sure i havent)) apparantly you've spent 7k at regal, yet your having problems again.
                              you don't seem to be be to bothered about getting your car fixed by regal (on previous threads you say your waiting for a call back blah blah) if myself or anyone else had spent 7k on a car to be tuned up and its not working, i'd be pretty ****** and on the phone constantly intill my car was fixed, your not, so going from your vague threads slagging off the company you felt happy to use again and spend a fairly huge wedge of money on. Myself i think you've done something to the car, i think if you take it back to regal they will find the source of the problem and realise it was due to driver error and not them selfs

but thats just my thinking, i'm not tunned by anyone so don't care who's tunned by who

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Working...
                              X