Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remap questions??!!??!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Remap questions??!!??!!

    Thinking of getting my car remapped soon ish, just a few question i have for people that have had there car remapped and a few other things

    First off im thinking of going to regal as its local and best increases. is it really that different to the standard car cus i mean it is a large increase in bhp and torque??

    It is easy to get the car back to standard or u gota pay the same again to get it back??

    I have a itg panel fitler a downpipe and a back box so will that help the remap for extra bhp?? Nd will be on the rolling road to show the increases??*

    Any help be great
    Thnks

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ajsvxr View Post
    Thinking of getting my car remapped soon ish, just a few question i have for people that have had there car remapped and a few other things

    First off im thinking of going to regal as its local and best increases. is it really that different to the standard car cus i mean it is a large increase in bhp and torque??

    It is easy to get the car back to standard or u gota pay the same again to get it back??


    I have a itg panel fitler a downpipe and a back box so will that help the remap for extra bhp?? Nd will be on the rolling road to show the increases??*

    Any help be great
    Thnks
    get the bluefin mate you can take it in and out as often as you like much smoother map than regals no boosting on and off on cruise control nice power delivery really good map wish i never changed from the bluefin to regals now but am changing again swn a filter and dwn pipe will give a few more bhp the backbox won't do alot just make a nicer noise no need for rolling road u'll feel the difference straight away if you go for the bluefin get 1 from thorney that way all the maps are free as you get full system, intercooler ect

    Comment


    • #3
      just been looking at the bluefin a few things tho the thorney stage one only gets 215bhp, on the bluefin website it says goes to 230bhp?? whats the difference?? take it its a diff map then, its £50 cheaper aswell on bluefin website
      Last edited by Ajsvxr; 2 July 2011, 12:47 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
        get the bluefin mate you can take it in and out as often as you like much smoother map than regals no boosting on and off on cruise control nice power delivery really good map wish i never changed from the bluefin to regals now but am changing again swn a filter and dwn pipe will give a few more bhp the backbox won't do alot just make a nicer noise no need for rolling road u'll feel the difference straight away if you go for the bluefin get 1 from thorney that way all the maps are free as you get full system, intercooler ect

        You do talk utter rubbish you know ( if your car was surging on cc that wasnt the map at fauilt, that sounds like an air intake issue to me ).

        Think its just sour grapes with you and Regal but dont give other members false info - thats totally not right

        Note for the OP - If Regal is that close - give them a shot. An EDS map makes a vast difference even at Stage.1 (ie. without a turbo back exhaust). Your fuel econony will be better too. If you want to load different maps or put back to std - it maybe worth buying the IPF handheld device, other than that its a nominal charge to load/unload other maps however discuss this with REGAL - get the true facts from them.

        Most ppl are NOT disappointed with either EDS maps or REGAL's service AFAIK


        ps> a precat pipe will help

        hth

        Comment


        • #5
          Dont listen to thevxr1, more money than sense....... Anyways remapping, if your after warranty and remapping the best to go to is thorney as they run along side with vx, of you want power go regal but onces remapped by regal engine warranty is void same with running gear. All depends what you want out of the car mate, each tuner has it's ups and downs but if regal is local to you I would choose them, I've had all my stage 3 stuff done by them and they have been bang on! If you wanna kno any more info feel free to pm me
          arctic 212, stage 3 regal with all extra's
          Now for sale, £9500 ONO all thanks to my penus lol

          Comment


          • #6
            How does a remap increase fuel economy :S

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr-Ponting View Post
              How does a remap increase fuel economy :S
              Better torque which means engine don't have to work as hard causes more mpg
              arctic 212, stage 3 regal with all extra's
              Now for sale, £9500 ONO all thanks to my penus lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mr-Ponting View Post
                How does a remap increase fuel economy :S
                The oem map is designed for all the different quality of petrol, and ron levels across EU.

                When you have the car mapped it is done with 99 ron petrol so the turners can fine tune the maps thus giving you 1-2 mpg.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by t13nos View Post
                  Better torque which means engine don't have to work as hard causes more mpg
                  I was reading the TV mag I got at PVS the other night, stage 1 offers 100 ft/lb torque over standard! I'll be going straight to stage 2 anyway, cant wait

                  Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                  The oem map is designed for all the different quality of petrol, and ron levels across EU.

                  When you have the car mapped it is done with 99 ron petrol so the turners can fine tune the maps thus giving you 1-2 mpg.
                  That sounds good, I'd say every 100 miles I do 90 of them are motorway/dual carriageways

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by t13nos View Post
                    Dont listen to thevxr1, more money than sense....... Anyways remapping, if your after warranty and remapping the best to go to is thorney as they run along side with vx, of you want power go regal but onces remapped by regal engine warranty is void same with running gear. All depends what you want out of the car mate, each tuner has it's ups and downs but if regal is local to you I would choose them, I've had all my stage 3 stuff done by them and they have been bang on! If you wanna kno any more info feel free to pm me
                    u said it in 1 t13nos warrenty void with regal i wonder why??? thorney offer 3 yrs 60,000 mile warrenty i know where i would go if i was just starting again...
                    Last edited by THEVXR1; 2 July 2011, 03:09 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mattinem View Post
                      You do talk utter rubbish you know ( if your car was surging on cc that wasnt the map at fauilt, that sounds like an air intake issue to me ).

                      Think its just sour grapes with you and Regal but dont give other members false info - thats totally not right

                      Note for the OP - If Regal is that close - give them a shot. An EDS map makes a vast difference even at Stage.1 (ie. without a turbo back exhaust). Your fuel econony will be better too. If you want to load different maps or put back to std - it maybe worth buying the IPF handheld device, other than that its a nominal charge to load/unload other maps however discuss this with REGAL - get the true facts from them.

                      Most ppl are NOT disappointed with either EDS maps or REGAL's service AFAIK


                      ps> a precat pipe will help

                      hth
                      have you had the bluefin and the eds??? well i have and the bluefin is a better map power delivery much smoother car pulls harder higher in the rev range better map fact!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        the bluefin website give the same as the regal map 230bhp, so what do you think would be better guys?? the bluefin looks easier to do though but if i get it from thorney ill only get 215bhp

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ajsvxr View Post
                          the bluefin website give the same as the regal map 230bhp, so what do you think would be better guys?? the bluefin looks easier to do though but if i get it from thorney ill only get 215bhp
                          If you go to TMS HQ in MK given TMS is nearer to you, John will get one of his guys to load it on ( use to do sale or return basis ) so you could go and try it for a few hrs and if not impressed go back and have it taken off and recieve a FULL refund AFAIK ....simples

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ajsvxr View Post
                            the bluefin website give the same as the regal map 230bhp, so what do you think would be better guys?? the bluefin looks easier to do though but if i get it from thorney ill only get 215bhp
                            bluefin mate much nicer/smother power delivery no spluttering on start up and its a fault reader aswell if i could go back i would atleast until i'm properly tuned

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mattinem View Post
                              If you go to TMS HQ in MK given TMS is nearer to you, John will get one of his guys to load it on ( use to do sale or return basis ) so you could go and try it for a few hrs and if not impressed go back and have it taken off and recieve a FULL refund AFAIK ....simples
                              u'll be impressed... cracking map

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X