This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluefin ?????

jst bort a bluefin for my corsa vxr and am looking at getting a forge intercooler kit.will the bluefin pick this up or will i have to change to a stage three map from some where. never chipped a car b4 so any help greatfull cheers!!!

#also looking at getting the regal 380cc injectors and regal pump n reg

You need a ful turbo back exhaust as well as the cooler for stage 3 and yeah, it will need to be changed manually to suit your hardware.
    #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

can u not get the map changed on the bluefin?

Comment

I thought you could fit a cooler at any stage, even non-tuned and it wouldn't matter. However for the best gains it should be mapped in.

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
          I thought you could fit a cooler at any stage, even non-tuned and it wouldn't matter. However for the best gains it should be mapped in.
          Yes but afaik there isn't a stage for a cooler other than 3 if you get what I mean? As you can't safely run a stage 3 (or 2 for that matter) without the hardware I.e cooler/exhaust.

Unless, there is a specific map set up for just a cooler?
          #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

cooler can be fitted even when standard i had a forge intercooler with a 3" piper full system and had the stage 1 map on it and it went like hell go for it mate...

Comment

As bobby has advised if you are looking to go Stage 3 then you will need to ensure all neccessary hardware is present; namely a Turbo back exhaust.

You can install the IC and run a Stage 1 map if you do not have a turbo back but it won't get you the expected/same benefits as a stage 3.

All this information is within the user guide in my siggy.
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

dont fink my question wuz quite clear!i no wt i need for stage 3 n so on! i just wanted to no if with a bluefin you can get a new map to suit any modification i might make or is it purely jst one standard map with them .cheers!

Comment

Mate get in touch with superchips and tell them your mods they will then send you a link via email with new software to suit. When I had my focus st that's what I did all the way to stage 3 took 10 mins each stage.

Comment

If it's anything like the EDS regal use you have to phone them for a map and then download it from them
                    You only pay for the unit, all the maps are free, as above phone whoever you got it from to confirm what I've said :-)

Comment

Originally posted by m4rrk123 View Post
                      dont fink my question wuz quite clear!i no wt i need for stage 3 n so on! i just wanted to no if with a bluefin you can get a new map to suit any modification i might make or is it purely jst one standard map with them .cheers!
                      Yeah I'd noticed after what I said wernt really helpful to your situation

Sorry
                      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

if you buy one from thorney then all the maps are free as you get ur cooler, zaust ect as they have a contract with superchips all can be down loaded from them direct...

Comment

thought so, cheers ladz

Comment

Working...
                          X