This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeaking noise

ive seen a lot of people mention about squeaky breaks .. but over the last 3 days ive notice a really loud squeaking noise coming from the front of the car .. only when im going really slow .. the squeak isnt constant tho but when its there its very lound :/ any suggestions? could it be something or nothing?

Wheel bearing maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
      Wheel bearing maybe?
      dont know?! what's the usual signs foor the wheel bearing going?

Comment

Originally posted by 8624evans View Post
        dont know?! what's the usual signs foor the wheel bearing going?
        A droning noise, mine made the Remus sound like a pansy in comparison.. Although It was truly gone lol, similar noise and crunching when u turn hard ie roundabouts. Although I wouldnt describe that as a squeak.
        No VXR
        Abarth and a 330e

Comment

Originally posted by mcpaynter View Post
          A droning noise, mine made the Remus sound like a pansy in comparison.. Although It was truly gone lol, similar noise and crunching when u turn hard ie roundabouts. Although I wouldnt describe that as a squeak.
          ahh i had the clunking noise when turning corners on my old cliosport .. that was the wheelbearing gone! deffo squeaking noise on the vxr .. similar noise to when ur break squeak when pressing them but 10 times louder but its only when im driving slow and its not constant

Comment

does it do it after pushing the car a little bit hard.

Mine does it after a bit of a run - I get home - get out the car with the engine still running and some times its squeaking away.
            Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

Comment

Originally posted by gazza5 View Post
              does it do it after pushing the car a little bit hard.

Mine does it after a bit of a run - I get home - get out the car with the engine still running and some times its squeaking away.
              i dont really push the car a little bit hard! its done it once when i was pulling off a set of traffic lights .. once when i was in tesco carpark and a few other times .. its coming from the front of the car somehwere .. dont know how else 2 explain it!

Comment

there is a metal clips on each pad that lets you know when they are getting low you can see them with the wheel on the car just bend them back with a screw driver and you got a few hundred miles to get a new set

Comment

Another possible cause of the squeaking is the door shuts. These can make a noise when driving over bumpy/rough ground. Either lube them up with grease or get them replaced.

Comment

Working...
                  X