This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaping corsa vxr with eds

Hi there guys, just heading to my mates to help him remap his corsa vxr with the IPF.

On the paper he got from regal it says that you have to wind the actuator of. Is that right cause i have not seen that on here before.

Any help on this would be great

Yes you have to wind the actuator off. Problem is its not an exact science and can only really be done with a boost gauge present AFAIK.
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Yes mate you do... You need to wind it towards the battery... you need two 8mm spanners.... I have a pic of where it should be...

Comment

Originally posted by VXRArctic046 View Post
        Yes mate you do... You need to wind it towards the battery... you need two 8mm spanners.... I have a pic of where it should be...
        thanks guys, could you roughly tell me how much we should wind it back (to be on the safe side here since he does not have a boost gauge fitted) i dont wont it to go wrong and i know for a fact he doesnt lol.

We live on an island so regal is way to far away lol.

Again thanks guys for the quick reply

Comment

Originally posted by VXRArctic046 View Post
          thought they were 10mm nuts ??? better with a gauge as there not all the same

Comment

You may be right.. lol.. I cant remember...

Comment

photo-2.jpg

Comment

Thanks again guys. I will use that photo. We will take it roughly that far out but no further to be safe. I shall let you know how we get on

Comment

You only need to wind it off if you're running a down pipe (precat removal pipe) or full exhaust.

To adjust undo the bottom nut to the end of the rod and move the top one up out the way.

Push the waste gate arm so its shut and bring up the bottom nut to hold it then half or turn to make sure its secure. Then bring the top nut back down.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

How you doing lads. We undone the actuator and re-maped the car and it had no boost atol so gradually wound it back in and it is getting better but what should it be at roughly.

The car has the pre-cat removed and a cat-back scorpion on it. It was the no precat map we put on.

Could you recommed a more aggressive map for that setup please.

Comment

As i said there is no exact science to it One of the downsides of the EDS IPF IMHO
                      sigpic

Comment

You didn't hold the waste gate shut when you did the actuator back up then. You have to ensure it is shut otherwise you have no boost for half the rev range.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

This is interesting.
                          Would you say when the car is mapped say stage 1 or 2 wind the boost off so it's boosting the same as standard?
                          Which mines boosting at about 15 and holding at 13?
                          Would that be safe for a remap or would it have low power issues ?

Comment

Originally posted by vxrsimon88 View Post
                            This is interesting.
                            Would you say when the car is mapped say stage 1 or 2 wind the boost off so it's boosting the same as standard?
                            Which mines boosting at about 15 and holding at 13?
                            Would that be safe for a remap or would it have low power issues ?
                            Im at stage 3 and im boosting 20 and holding at 17/18

Comment

THe boost is higher when mapped. I'm sure someone will post

Edit: Beat to it
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X