X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXRCORSA888
    replied
    It is because it blows instead of sucks. If you pull it off with the engine running you should be able to feel it pushing air onto your finger iirc. All I did was just put a tad of glue on the end of te pipe and pushed it on and started it up straight away just invade it might have blocked it. I was worried about it blocking it but it dosent. This normally happens to tubes cars but can happen to standard ones too. I think maybe the other pipes coming off it may be linked to the injectors also. Just glue it and it won't happen again

Leave a comment:

• wrcallar
    replied
    Bump, how did people glue them and make sure you don't get any blocking it!!?

Can anyone explain how the boost pipe works please? And why is it 3 hoses connected by a t-piece?

From what I understand it is to keep pressure behind the turbo to stop it stalling when you let off?

Also any ideas why this happens? I'm not convinced it's just because the tube is just coming loose as it feels quite tight when I keep re fitting it....

On the other hand driving around like a granny everywhere is getting me 300 miles to a tank lol!

Leave a comment:

• wrcallar
    replied
    How did you go about glueing them on? Did you put the super glue on the end of the pipe? Around the outside of the metal bit that goes inside? Inside the pipe!?!? I wouldn't want to get glue anywhere near the opening up and cause any issues!

Leave a comment:

• Novus
    replied
    mine are glued on after same thing happened to mine

Leave a comment:

• ArdenVXRNick
    replied
    Mine did this a few times but kept pushing it back on and hasnt done it for a while now. Ud know if it was off it sounds like a turkeys behind ur steering wheel.

Leave a comment:

• lukiep
    replied
    has any one got a pic of the pipe so i can check mines still attached, some times mine feels like it's not boosting properly.

Leave a comment:

• richvxr
    replied
    yeah mate, it happened to me only last week

Leave a comment:

• VXRCORSA888
    replied
    Originally posted by richvxr View Post
    glue it on mate, simples
    ^^^great minds think alike

Leave a comment:

• VXRCORSA888
    replied
    Originally posted by richvxr View Post
    glue it on mate, simples
    ^^^great minds think alike

Leave a comment:

• VXRCORSA888
    replied
    It happened to me a few times so in the end I super glued it on. You should glue it on and it won't come off again

Leave a comment:

• richvxr
    replied
    glue it on mate, simples

Leave a comment:

• wrcallar
    replied
    Yea not the one you can see it's the one that connects to it with a t-piece! Maybe I just need to be a bit more forceful!

Leave a comment:

• Supa Ted
    replied
    This has happened to me a few times! Right at the back of the engine tiny hose with rubber end? I just pushed it on really hard

Leave a comment:

• wrcallar
    started a topic Boost pipe keeps coming off... Why?

Boost pipe keeps coming off... Why?

The boost pipe around the back of the engine keeps coming off! I've tried to cable tie it but because it's up inside a hole I can't get it around it and tight...

Why has this started happening all of a sudden? Has it just wore looser all of a sudden or is there some kind of pressure build up that's blasting if off?

What have you done or would suggest?
Working...
X