Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate putting my car into the dealers!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate putting my car into the dealers!!

Just a little rant, put my car in nearly 3 weeks ago and got it back today with a new gearbox, paint, wiper linkages and drivers door hinge.

Put it in with quarter or a tank, came back out on the 0 marker (refill light flashing) and the front right speaker broken!!!

Is it too much to ask for these guys to take care of a car and actually realise that fuel doesnt come in petrol cans hanging from trees!

Rant over lol

Sounds like a bum deal! Vx Customer care?

0845 090 2044 Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

once had a car in a vauxhall bodyshop for repair (the car itself wasnt a vx), got it back 2 weeks later to find they'd nicked all the change out of the coin tray. was about 15 quid in there, was my own fault rly for leaving it in there, still a piss take tho. only realised when id parked in a car park, went to get change for the machine and found the tray empty

Comment

I'm never going back to Vauxhall garage after the customer service I had. Warranty or no Warranty. I'll take my money elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Trunkstuff View Post
          I'm never going back to Vauxhall garage after the customer service I had. Warranty or no Warranty. I'll take my money elsewhere.
          Im on the same boat mate, the garage has totally put me off the brand and the list of warranty issues is steering me away aswell

Comment

Vauxhall...

Do the correct work?
            In the correct time?
            To a good standard?
            With a good service?

Ha!

Comment

Better to just pay and get it done somewhere you can trust

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGArcticVXR View Post
                Im on the same boat mate, the garage has totally put me off the brand and the list of warranty issues is steering me away aswell
                So have you gone back and asked about the speaker (Is it the speaker or a speaker cover that's broke?)

As for the petrol - wouldn't you expect some mileage to be done in testing the new gearbox that's been fitted, was the bodyshop on the same site or that might also explain some of the usage?

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                  So have you gone back and asked about the speaker (Is it the speaker or a speaker cover that's broke?)

As for the petrol - wouldn't you expect some mileage to be done in testing the new gearbox that's been fitted, was the bodyshop on the same site or that might also explain some of the usage?
                  Got to book it back in for the speaker mate, was meant to recieve a phone call to give me a day but no phone call!

The car had done 10 miles since handing it in with an average of 7mpg on the trip computer

Comment

Got to book it back in for the speaker mate, was meant to recieve a phone call to give me a day but no phone call!

The car had done 10 miles since handing it in with an average of 7mpg on the trip computer
                    Sounds like it's been idling lots then to produce that sort of figure?

Astra

Comment

Am thinking that aswell mate... I suppose id just be better taking it on the chin coz ill get nowhere lol

Comment

Am thinking that aswell mate... I suppose id just be better taking it on the chin coz ill get nowhere lol
                        If theyres going to be a next time because of a warranty repair or service whatever..
                        One idea, could be in front of them, make a pic of the dash (mileage, mpg,fuel) and several external photos. Maybe theyll be more carefull ? as they think "maniatic client" And then check pics when you have to take the car home.
                        Trust No one!

Comment

simple take it in with no fuel... no change/ valuables and no radio! lol (unless the radio is faulty)

i think there is a clifford alarm that has a valet mode which wouldnt let the car go over a certain speed or rpm ... maybe worth looking into?
                          Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Working...
                          X