This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp question

Hello. My corsa vxrs fan used to come on when the temp reached about 98-101. Now it doesn't come on till it reaches 107 :O.. Is this bad? If so what's up and what do I do?
    Thanks

This is normal, some cars the fans do not kick in until 107

Comment

Aw cool thanks mate. So what does the intercooler and the cool running thermostat do?

Comment

The fan won't kick in until the dial reads 107 if you're standing in traffic. I presume it's because the water temps are higher due to no cold air being blasted through as if you where driving, meaning the fan kicks in a little later on the dial. Well thats my theory

Cool thermo opens up the fan earlier, around 87 instead of 97 so therefore you temps are generally ~10 degrees lower.

Comment

I think your fan resistor is dead, i would have it checked.
          If i remember corectly there are 3 fan speeds.
          1.kicks in at 100
          2.goes faster at 103
          3.Final speed goes at 106 at full blast you can feel the lights twinker.
          Trust No one!

Comment

Originally posted by race View Post
            I think your fan resistor is dead, i would have it checked.
            If i remember corectly there are 3 fan speeds.
            1.kicks in at 100
            2.goes faster at 103
            3.Final speed goes at 106 at full blast you can feel the lights twinker.
            That's at engine temps. AFAIK the temp display in the secret menu which I presume he is using is te the water temps which is slightly different.

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
              That's at engine temps. AFAIK the temp display in the secret menu which I presume he is using is te the water temps which is slightly different.
              I also mean water temps from the secret menu.
              Trust No one!

Comment

Originally posted by race View Post
                I also mean water temps from the secret menu.
                What you put is correct, but as I tried to explain in a poor way as I'm not 100% how it works but I know the fan kicks in later when standing in traffic, only according to the water temp on the secret menu. I believe the true engine temps will be the same.

Comment

Working...
                X