X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling an order

For the dealers out there this one.
    Can i cancel an order for a car?
    My dealer never responds to any correspondence i try to make!
    Grasshopper Burg....number 120

not a dealer myself mate...but cant you go and see them in person or is it to far away ???

Comment

You can cancel anything you like but you should be more concerned about what may or will happen to any deposit already paid. Have you checked this companies T&C's ??
      sigpic

Comment

Its close enough to go to but he's always busy so when i try to make an appointment he never reply's.
        Its getting slightly annoying especially when your getting a decent deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chriscav View Post
          Its close enough to go to but he's always busy so when i try to make an appointment he never reply's.
          Its getting slightly annoying especially when your getting a decent deal.
          Always do this in writing ( registered preferable )
          sigpic

Comment

Do it in writing mate as above.. And don't worry about an appointment just go down there
            No VXR
            Abarth and a 330e

Comment

Do what in writing? Make an appointment or a cancellation?

Comment

yes you can.
                Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

As above, yes you can but you will probably lose your desposit.

Comment

Pretty sure you can even refuse the car up to the point it arrives at the dealer. Just your deposit will be lost.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

When my car arrived at the dealers I got a phonecall to see if I still wanted it
                      You won't have signed any finance paperwork at this point so you have no real commitment to the car
                      You even get a cooling off period if you don't like the car after you have it

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Ponting View Post
                        When my car arrived at the dealers I got a phonecall to see if I still wanted it
                        You won't have signed any finance paperwork at this point so you have no real commitment to the car
                        You even get a cooling off period if you don't like the car after you have it
                        How do you know he isn't paying cash for it? I paid a deposit on mine then when I went to collect paid the remanding balance after I had looked round it and all was ok. Cooling off period is a good thing to but I always thought they exchange it rather than refund

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

call the dealers manager
                          the truth is out there
                          part GSI part VXR
                          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                            As above, yes you can but you will probably lose your desposit.
                            more like definitely. easy money for them and they're in their rights to do it. I lost some on an Astra VXR I had to knock on the head, I complained to the manager, they said they'd honour the money on any other car I bought from them within a year. I never went back so stupidly lost the money..

Comment

Working...
                            X