Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling an order

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cancelling an order

    For the dealers out there this one.
    Can i cancel an order for a car?
    My dealer never responds to any correspondence i try to make!
    Grasshopper Burg....number 120

  • #2
    not a dealer myself mate...but cant you go and see them in person or is it to far away ???

    Comment


    • #3
      You can cancel anything you like but you should be more concerned about what may or will happen to any deposit already paid. Have you checked this companies T&C's ??
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Its close enough to go to but he's always busy so when i try to make an appointment he never reply's.
        Its getting slightly annoying especially when your getting a decent deal.
        Grasshopper Burg....number 120

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chriscav View Post
          Its close enough to go to but he's always busy so when i try to make an appointment he never reply's.
          Its getting slightly annoying especially when your getting a decent deal.
          Always do this in writing ( registered preferable )
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Do it in writing mate as above.. And don't worry about an appointment just go down there
            No VXR
            Abarth and a 330e

            Comment


            • #7
              Do what in writing? Make an appointment or a cancellation?
              Grasshopper Burg....number 120

              Comment


              • #8
                yes you can.
                Ex owner of various VXR's

                Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

                Comment


                • #9
                  As above, yes you can but you will probably lose your desposit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pretty sure you can even refuse the car up to the point it arrives at the dealer. Just your deposit will be lost.

                    Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

                    Clique #14

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      When my car arrived at the dealers I got a phonecall to see if I still wanted it
                      You won't have signed any finance paperwork at this point so you have no real commitment to the car
                      You even get a cooling off period if you don't like the car after you have it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mr-Ponting View Post
                        When my car arrived at the dealers I got a phonecall to see if I still wanted it
                        You won't have signed any finance paperwork at this point so you have no real commitment to the car
                        You even get a cooling off period if you don't like the car after you have it
                        How do you know he isn't paying cash for it? I paid a deposit on mine then when I went to collect paid the remanding balance after I had looked round it and all was ok. Cooling off period is a good thing to but I always thought they exchange it rather than refund


                        Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          call the dealers manager
                          the truth is out there
                          part GSI part VXR
                          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                            As above, yes you can but you will probably lose your desposit.
                            more like definitely. easy money for them and they're in their rights to do it. I lost some on an Astra VXR I had to knock on the head, I complained to the manager, they said they'd honour the money on any other car I bought from them within a year. I never went back so stupidly lost the money..

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X