This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
    If you did your research properly you would know that the filter sits at a totally different angle and the distance between the start of the filter housing to the panel filter is a lot shorter than standard but you wouldn't know as you are only reading reviews and looking at pictures. If you knew someone who has one or you bought one and took the panel out you will see what I mean. There's no point in looking at pictures and judging something by how it looks. Im not being a funny **** but there seems to be a fair few people in here who seem to think they know it all when they haven't personally tried or tested it or seen one in the flesh and took the panel out. Tbh I'm not bothered as I'm happy with mine but to someone who wants one it will put them off buying one. If they have the money to buy one then why not. Most of the cheap modders who just buy bulbs etc will only recommend cheap bits that may not work. Advice to potential modders is, do what you want and buy what you want and it's your hard earnt money....no one else's. This isn't meant to offend anyone before people get on their high horses!!
    So what your saying is,

Say you wanted to change the headlights but don't want HIDs,

You've got either Phillips bulbs at £35 or MTec cosmos at £15.

Both do the same job, both are proven to work, both come with guarantee. You would go and spend the extra £20.

Which would you go for.

I understand what your saying about money and spending it on whatever you want but there becomes a point where you can pay far to much for something that does exactly the same job.

Comment

• I have a flow master, yes , expensive but a well made piece of kit, your money,your choice !!!

Comment

• It just all depends on what you want.

You can buy a shaefer fountain pen for £1800 or buy a Parker fountain pen for £20.

They both do the same job effectively but one costs more for little to no gain over the other.

Comment

• jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus is this thread still going? ..... just go out and buy a panel filter for jebus's sake!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nathan_jones2002 View Post
            So what your saying is,

Say you wanted to change the headlights but don't want HIDs,

You've got either Phillips bulbs at £35 or MTec cosmos at £15.

Both do the same job, both are proven to work, both come with guarantee. You would go and spend the extra £20.

Which would you go for.

I understand what your saying about money and spending it on whatever you want but there becomes a point where you can pay far to much for something that does exactly the same job.
            I agree, sometimes things can go overboard with costs but if someone wants one then it's their choice...I totally agree! I think the original OP was thinking about buying a flowmaster or BMC which are both good filters but now the OP has probably been convinced that there a waste of cash and to just buy a panel filter and cold air feed. It is correct that they all do the same job but some do it better than others and if they didn't everyone would have the same spec cars and no tuners would bring out new bits. I think that this site could be very influencing to certain members who obviously post "what filter" etc because they obviously arn't sure themselves so could be very easily led stray if you know what I mean.

I'm not being a **** to anyone and don't mean to be but i just don't think ametuer modders get the correct answers sometimes. I remember years ago when I first started modding..everyone was doing LED washer jets, neons etc but I didn't follow the crowd like most did. That seems to be because I wasn't easily led to things because others thought they were good. Everyones entitled to opinions but it turns from a opinion into a " you need to get" and "they don't work" etc...

As for bulbs, I would probably get the £35 ones due to the fact that I've bought cheaper bits in the past and had to replace for the more expensive ones due to the cheapies failing an then it coating more than if I originally bought the dear ones

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

• Originally posted by nathan_jones2002 View Post
              It just all depends on what you want.

You can buy a shaefer fountain pen for £1800 or buy a Parker fountain pen for £20.

They both do the same job effectively but one costs more for little to no gain over the other.
              But ppl still buy the £1800 shaefer + what makes more of an impact? Yes expensive but if your into something, even as little as a expensive pen you still get one due to the fact of wanting one buy ppl would still convince you to buy a Parker. What would you do if you really wanted a shaefer and had the funds to get one?...would you be convinced to a £20 Parker pen if you were a executive business man?

Comment

• buying a 1800 quid pen is for a guy who likes to flash his status but i guarantee he has a pen1s like an acorn so ill let him have hes nice pens !

Comment

• Originally posted by kris the kingo 1987 View Post
                  buying a 1800 quid pen is for a guy who likes to flash his status but i guarantee he has a pen1s like an acorn so ill let him have hes nice pens !
                  ^^^

Comment

• Nothing wrong with acorn pini's

Comment

• LOL...... This thread just took a turn for the worse.
                      Haha.

Comment

• My bad lol

Comment

• weigh up what the cars going to be used for and decide from there.
                          Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

• Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                            This should help mate, I did a how to.
                            http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-Cold-Air-Feed.

The people who say it's no good have no idea what it is, also I believe the size of the scoop is only about 5mm smaller than the flowmaster with the pipe being the same size. So with the addition of the standard scoop you're getting more cold air in.

To me, and I think what people are forgetting is that the main benefit of the Flowmaster is not the front scoop, it's the housing. A specifically made metal housing which keeps the air colder inside by not absorbing the heats. I believe I read somewhere when testing a flowmaster the only gains was it ran 1-2 degrees cooler.
                            ye i found it just after i posted haha will invest in one definately thanks for the how to!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kris the kingo 1987 View Post
                              buying a 1800 quid pen is for a guy who likes to flash his status but i guarantee he has a pen1s like an acorn so ill let him have hes nice pens !
                              Dude its the same with all tuning..
                              Youve basically got the crowd who chase figure so they look like the db when they are down the pub bigging upthier car.
                              Or the people who just want the drivability and couldn't give a crap
                              So to sum up.......
                              Courts for a pro
                              All the others for show

Comment

• To be honest bri if courts wasnt far from me id deffo go there but mpg is 15 mins from mine so I'm possibly Gunna end up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X