X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standard internals + K04 problem

Hi guys!
    I decided to go for the astra opc's bigger turbo with standard internals.
    All I have had done on my car so far is:
    - milltek 3' full exhaust
    - forge intercooler
    - dbilas flowmaster
    - bosh bigger fuel injectors
    Nothing else.
    I gave the car to a private tuner. He installed the turbo, mechanically seems all right. The big and lasting for a week problem is programming it. They say they have problems with turbo boost or pressure keeping it stable...
    Andybody who has had it done or is into it, could help? could it be this hard to programme it or any mechanical modifications are needed?
    I am beginning to think that I might not have it done;/
    Cheers

Could be the actuator? Have they set it properly.
    Also wouldnt reccomened running that turbo with comp pistons but I dont know too much about the bigger turbos in regards to internals.

Comment

EDS can map your car for it in about 10 mins if you went to them lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

take it to thorney they can live map it done my mates and its awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
          take it to thorney they can live map it done my mates and its awesome...
          .... TMS never used to be able to....
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

TMS don't live map haha, someones pulling your leg there. They just provide maps superchips send them.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

The only tuner who can onsite tweak a map is Ryan at Regal the other tuners have to go back to their suppliers.

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                TMS don't live map haha, someones pulling your leg there. They just provide maps superchips send them.
                That's correct mate, that's y I went regal in first place cuz Ryan live maps your car if you get it mapped down there
                arctic 212, stage 3 regal with all extra's
                Now for sale, £9500 ONO all thanks to my penus lol

Comment

if your tuner has asked you to ask for help on an internet forum your goosed mate!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by paweleczek666 View Post
                    Hi guys!
                    I decided to go for the astra opc's bigger turbo with standard internals.
                    All I have had done on my car so far is:
                    - milltek 3' full exhaust
                    - forge intercooler
                    - dbilas flowmaster
                    - bosh bigger fuel injectors
                    Nothing else.
                    I gave the car to a private tuner. He installed the turbo, mechanically seems all right. The big and lasting for a week problem is programming it. They say they have problems with turbo boost or pressure keeping it stable...
                    Andybody who has had it done or is into it, could help? could it be this hard to programme it or any mechanical modifications are needed?
                    I am beginning to think that I might not have it done;/
                    Cheers
                    You should try a electronic boost controller or a manual boost valve to see if the boost is stable.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dimkais View Post
                      You should try a electronic boost controller or a manual boost valve to see if the boost is stable.....
                      i was thinking boost controller and maybe MAP sensor too?
                      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                      sigpic
                      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Maybe it's the Bosch injectors. Are they plug and play? If so, then the standard recommended astra Vxr injectors are 480cc and the plug and plays are less CC so maybe it could be to do with that. Eds map is for the 480cc

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Originally posted by t13nos View Post
                          That's correct mate, that's y I went regal in first place cuz Ryan live maps your car if you get it mapped down there
                          How does the EDS come in to play if you're getting it live mapped

(not hijacking, OP might not know either )

Comment

Originally posted by dimkais View Post
                            probably this is what is going to happen - what they are going to do..
                            I am not from England, just order the items to my country, and have to count on my tuner.. Just didn't think it would be such a problem with my car - this is what they also say. I would like to know if such problems have occured in any of yours car while modding, or may I expect no big turbo applicable to my car;/?

Comment

All the cars i know are using 3.5bar map sensor.
                              You should try a boost controller to see if you can adjust properly the boost even tho you should make it wthout controller.....
                              Get a profec b spec and give a try...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X