This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rust

evening all cars an 07 plate with 24k miles on clock both front wings are starting to rust where they meet the bumper i know a few members had same problem car hasent been in a bump or anything anyways has anybody had problem sorted under corossion warranty thanks in advance

It's always gonna be a funny one mate as then can blame it anything.

As long as the rust is under the paint and the paint is clean, free of stone chips and does not look like somebody has touched the paint up then yes it should be covered. But like I say, VX are funny at the best of times.

Comment

yeah wot i was thinking mate cars due a service shortly so ill chance my luck when it goes in thanks

Comment

we get the same problem with the astras. ive heard of some being done under warranty and others not.

Comment

think the problem lies with the bumper looks as if it comes loose then rubs against the wing

Comment

It's a common fault with Corsa and Astra VXRs.

Seems like with all common faults Vauxhall would rather turn a blind eye to most then repair and improve. Or that's how it seems.

Comment

couldent agree more mate initial cost of car 16k and 4 services later they still dont know what customer satisfaction is

Comment

It's due to the bumpers sitting to tight to the bodywork. What they really need to do is relax the bumpers a little bit. Another option would be to put some kind of rubber seal in the seam...obviously so it looks ok but does it's job and stops the rubbing. Also, vxl should be more generous with their paint tbh, the paintwork seems a bit thin and it dosent help as paint is always thinner on edges and swags lines so it's extra thin in vxl's case.

Get it booked in for them to have a look tho. The warranty man will have to come out and check all panels with a paint gauge so he will tell if it's ever been painted....and if it has you will be fobbed off

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

its a common fault on a lot of cars. i work for a mercedes bodyshop n it happens on them all the time. the guidelines for merc are **** so in a way vx aint as bad as people say. if they say no threaten to take them to trading standards. that always seems to do the trick!

Comment

ARGHHHHHHFKKFKDKSJSJSJ

just discovered slight rust on drivers side in the corner and the same
                    On rear drivers side with cracked paint

09 plate with warranty till June 2012.. Can I
                    Claim?
                    No VXR
                    Abarth and a 330e

Comment

Originally posted by mcpaynter View Post
                      ARGHHHHHHFKKFKDKSJSJSJ

just discovered slight rust on drivers side in the corner and the same
                      On rear drivers side with cracked paint

09 plate with warranty till June 2012.. Can I
                      Claim?
                      Yep, you have more chance of claiming as yours is in warranty. It's 7 years for rust anyway so asling as they don't try saying yours has been painted then your fine. Get it booked in before it gets worse!

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                        Yep, you have more chance of claiming as yours is in warranty. It's 7 years for rust anyway so asling as they don't try saying yours has been painted then your fine. Get it booked in before it gets worse!
                        Will do! Need to book It in about the stereo not playing CDs too, but I was gna buy a new one anyway
                        No VXR
                        Abarth and a 330e

Comment

Working...
                        X