This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa VXR advice please!

Alright chaps new guy here. The missus is after a corsa vxr as she has changed jobs and does around 30m of motorway driving for work 3 days a week. She has a 1.2 intouch model at the minute and is just not very good/comfortable at motorway speeds and surprisingly using a good bit of fuel. She has always wanted a vxr but couldn't get insurance until now. She is just wondering what the economy is like on the motorway? If your sat at 70 what rpm is the car doing at that speed? Please no answers of don't buy the car if your worried about petrol as we aren't because my car is a mk4 golf r32 so we know what to expect we just want to know realistic figures from the owners as you can't always trust manufacturers claims.lol.

Cheers in advance fellas.

Well i do 50mile a day to work and back in mine and i get arround 35+ sometimes low 40s if im lucky!

VX11 Facelift Blue Edition Corsa VXR

Nurburgring Splitter - 2.5'' Cobra double decat - 17" Pro Race 1.2 - Courts hoses - HIDs - Wind Deflectors - Boost Gauge - Water Temp Gauge - Jetex Cone Filter - Nortech Performance FMIC - 30mm PI Springs

Comment

Do you mind me asking if that is motorway or a/b roads?

Comment

Sorry mate, all motor way.

Nurburgring Splitter - 2.5'' Cobra double decat - 17" Pro Race 1.2 - Courts hoses - HIDs - Wind Deflectors - Boost Gauge - Water Temp Gauge - Jetex Cone Filter - Nortech Performance FMIC - 30mm PI Springs

Comment

Nice one mate that sounds perfectly acceptable to us.lol. Is it on the boost sat at 70?

Comment

na mate, cruise controls the way forward lol, ive got boost gauge in mine and its just short of being on boost, its pretty decent car on the motorway

Comment

Is cruise control an optional extra then or standard. We are going for a test drive tomorrow. 58plate, red, with 24k on clock. Is there anything to look out for? Common problems?

Comment

Its standard mate, erm there is a few problems but every car is different.

Comment

Ok cheers pal.

Comment

No problem

Comment

On the exterior look out for rust where the bumpers meet the bodywork mate.. And make sure the aircon works as the pipes are known to split (now replaced with a hose).. Depends whether your getting a warranty really.

Sitting at 70 will be around 2800-3000revs and 3500 by 80.
                      No VXR
                      Abarth and a 330e

Comment

Cheers Mcpaynter. Yeah it is at a dealer and been told it has warranty. We shall check the aircon on the test drive.

What rpm does the boost kick
                        In? Sorry if these are noob questions, never owned a turbo car.lol.

Comment

test out the windscreen wipers on the fastest setting, after i bought mine i noticed the wipers would hit the pillar next to the windscreen. turned out the lickages had died. Repaired under warrenty - no probs.

Comment

Oh check the cd player works! Tried playin a cd the other week for the first ever time to find "no cd" and "cd error" lol and the cd30 was new!
                            No VXR
                            Abarth and a 330e

Comment

Boost kicks in around 2500 but not sure when full boost is. Id imagine like 4k?

Comment

Working...
                              X