Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine temp and fan

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Engine temp and fan

    Noticed that at times the fan comes on more often than I think it should, most times when the car is parked and still on. or is this just normal..?

    I was also wondering if there was any way of gettin the engine runner cooler other than an intercooler??

  • #2
    Just a bit of heat build up as you don't have any air circulating.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

    Comment


    • #3
      cool running stat

      i fitted one this weekend

      corsa arctic edition #257
      now sold

      REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kinloch52 View Post
        Noticed that at times the fan comes on more often than I think it should, most times when the car is parked and still on. or is this just normal..?

        I was also wondering if there was any way of gettin the engine runner cooler other than an intercooler??
        That's just normal mate the car gets hotter quicker when just ticking over

        Comment


        • #5
          Was thinking that but just wanted to be sure..

          What exactly does the cool running stat do?? :$

          Comment


          • #6
            lowers the running temp by round 10oC

            corsa arctic edition #257
            now sold

            REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

            Comment


            • #7
              Cool

              Easy to fit and wheres the best place to get it??

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kinloch52 View Post
                Cool

                Easy to fit and wheres the best place to get it??
                Nothing too difficult. Courts or regal sell them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  10 mins mate
                  http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ing-thermostat


                  third item down
                  http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vauxhall..._Upgrades.html

                  corsa arctic edition #257
                  now sold

                  REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cool running stat will not help when the car is stationary and running, as you do not have the movement of the car and air to cool down the coolant - the fan will still come on when the ecu switches it on.

                    Question - why are you leaving the car running when stationary. If it is to cool down the car after driving is it better to the car temps / turbo to drive sensible for the last few miles

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for everyones help

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                        Cool running stat will not help when the car is stationary and running, as you do not have the movement of the car and air to cool down the coolant - the fan will still come on when the ecu switches it on.

                        Question - why are you leaving the car running when stationary. If it is to cool down the car after driving is it better to the car temps / turbo to drive sensible for the last few miles
                        Sometimes for the wipers to clear the windows, and sometimes if am not pulling up for long....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kinloch52 View Post
                          Noticed that at times the fan comes on more often than I think it should, most times when the car is parked and still on. or is this just normal..?

                          I was also wondering if there was any way of gettin the engine runner cooler other than an intercooler??
                          take the stat out all together run even cooler then all the rally boys do

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X