This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon Help Please!

Cars our of warranty. Air con pipe originally had a hole in it and let all the green fluid out.

2 Months later drive along BANG!

Ok so horrible noise coming from the pumps hole area, Stuff rattleing around. This stopped after a while then driving the next day heard loads of stuff fly out the bottom of the car!

It got bigger -_-

I could go get my aircon fixed for god knows how much, But I never use it and would rather get rid of it. How easy is it too take out? is it a matter off buying a new none AC Belt and taking the pump out. Or will this cause further issues.

I've also heard of radiator problem related to this? can someone explain?

The car drives perfect and at the right temp, although it does make a horrible noise coming from the right side of the car ( the air con pump area )

Thanks in advance for the help.

AFAIK yes it is as easy as taking it out and buying the shorter belt.

I'm not aware of any radiator issues... although may be wrong.
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Thanks!

1 more think I forgot to add is that I have climate control (its crap...) in my corsa will that effect it. I have to turn AC off in the settings, I assume this completely turns it off. bare in mind this blew up while AC was apparently turned off..

Comment

u could also link out the plug going to the compressor sothe compressor clutch doesnt come in and put the same size belt back on if u really waned to mate

Comment

I've already ordered a shorter belt. Just need to know if thats all I'll need

Comment

Originally posted by Trunkstuff View Post
            I've already ordered a shorter belt.
            welcome to the NO AIRCON gang.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/VXR View Post
              welcome to the NO AIRCON gang.
              (Y) Cheers for the advice wayne I called Regal just need the shorter belt which i've ordered already

BTW how much did the compresser weigh? I heard like 20kg or something :/

Comment

Originally posted by Trunkstuff View Post
                (Y)
                BTW how much did the compresser weigh? I heard like 20kg or something :/
                the rad,pump,belt,pipes and bolts were just over 6kgs mate.
                sigpic

Comment

I just had mine go but was luckey enuf to have an extended warranty when I bought my car let us know how you get on mate
                  Vxr corsa, green nurburg stripe fog surrounds vxr inserts inside trim, sills, Boost gauge in vent Remus back box can't find a pre cat centre box gone lowered 30 front and 20 bk courtney sport airbox hose with green filter, intecooler pipe, baileys dv wind deflectors gmc mudflaps

Comment

Working...
                  X