This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They put the wrong oil in:(

Hi, a bit of advice if any1 can give it. i put my corsa in for a service, and the garage put the wrong oil in the car if you can belive it. They put 10w-40! Not knowing for a couple of months the car developed an abnormal noise from the tappet area. found out it was the incorrect oil and got it drained and changed the noise cleared. 2 months later the turbo was deteriorating can i claim back on this or am flogging a dead horse. any comment will be good thanks.

i think if you or your lawyer can confirm the oil caused this the turbo problem, they are response for this, over here each service must keep the warrnty for all the work for at least 6 months, dont know UK rules...
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Its a hard thing to prove, i mean the car had only done 23,000.. its not that iv not looked after the turbo always started and cooled it down correctly. also had a test on turbo it points at the oil but its not 100% proof.

Comment

Originally posted by delph3 View Post
        Hi, a bit of advice if any1 can give it. i put my corsa in for a service, and the garage put the wrong oil in the car if you can belive it. They put 10w-40! Not knowing for a couple of months the car developed an abnormal noise from the tappet area. found out it was the incorrect oil and got it drained and changed the noise cleared. 2 months later the turbo was deteriorating can i claim back on this or am flogging a dead horse. any comment will be good thanks.
        Was this a Vauxhall garage????, The service invoice should also show what oil was used shouldn't it??
        sigpicSite & Light, Cruise Control, Bluetooth, Remus, Stage 2 Rabbid Mapped with Bagpuss & Clarence Chillin on The Parcel Shelf

Comment

did your oil pressure light come on??

Comment

I can answer this one as it just happened to a friend.

He had a service at F1 auto centre and they put the wrong oil in his golf, thi scaused a problem and the engine had £4000 worth of damage.

They had put on the invoice what oil they had used so they didnt have a leg to stand on, After a long battle with them they had to claim responsibilty and paid out in full, which even included all the taxies to work and back.

Comment

First thing to check - on the invoice what description is the oil, then check to see if this oil meets VX Dexos 2 standards or any of the other standards in the manual

Comment

Originally posted by delph3 View Post
                regal advised me to use 10/40 vauxhall oil now i got the high comps is this a mistake aswell???

Comment

Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
                  regal advised me to use 10/40 vauxhall oil now i got the high comps is this a mistake aswell???
                  If you look at the owners manual it tells you what oil you can put in it, I'm sure it was 5w-30, 0w-40 and 10w-40 you can put in but has to be fully synthetic
                  arctic 212, stage 3 regal with all extra's
                  Now for sale, £9500 ONO all thanks to my penus lol

Comment

10/40 is semi synthetic thats what chris told me to put in due to my mods i thought this was abit iffy...

Comment

Mate im running 10/40 from vxl and have got either the same mods as you or a couple more and the cars still good

http://www.maintenanceworld.com/Arti.../HowToRead.htm

Comment

Mate im running 10/40 from vxl and have got either the same mods as you or a couple more and the cars still good

http://www.maintenanceworld.com/Arti.../HowToRead.htm

Comment

Lmao! Chris would never tell you to put semi in your car! Modern cars need fully otherwise it gets way toooo hot at then block can crack! semi is only for older engines fully symthetic is best oil for turbo cars!

Comment

Originally posted by t13nos View Post
                            Lmao! Chris would never tell you to put semi in your car! Modern cars need fully otherwise it gets way toooo hot at then block can crack! semi is only for older engines fully symthetic is best oil for turbo cars!
                            read above matey...

so i'm not the only one why would i say it and put it in my car if he didn't??? another mistake which will be drained and changed tomorrow...

Comment

I don't need to read, I done all that in my training as a technician so I kno what I'm talking about, you got level 3 in engineering principles? And a degree in it too? Cuz I have

Comment

Working...
                              X