X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports cat for a remus 3 piece ... confused.com

Hi guys/girls,

Quick question about the 3 piece Remus and incorporating a sports cat to make it a true FULL, although hybrid turbo back exhaust system.

Which sports cat, if any, can be fitted easily to this system or what needs to be done ? Any info on potential gains this will see ?

Also, from people with experience, will this cause any EML lights to come on etc with regards to the sensor ?

Cheers

I always thought a sports cat from somebody like scorpion would for straight, however people have said they will need welding in as theyre not the same size.

Many people have done it so I'm sure somebody can help!

Comment

Cobra is a straight fit onto the z16 pipes and iirc when scotty1861 had his rr'd it hit something like 202. Which imo is a decent figure. That's 13bhp for a full system.
      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

AFAIK Cobra is a straight fit (as Bobby said)

That or go to an exhaust garage and ask
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Which would people recommend 200 cell or 100 cell Cat.?

Comment

100 cell is less restrictive yet costs more so swings and roundabouts.
            #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Very true mate. I might just get a de-cat and keep the standard cat for MOT time seems the best of both worlds and you can make your own de-cat lol

Comment

If you decat then you must map it to suit.
                #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

ok bud would that just be a stage 1 map?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                    100 cell is less restrictive yet costs more so swings and roundabouts.
                    A 100 cell cat also wont last as long. Plus I've seen a few threads where people have failed MOTs with 100 cell.

Originally posted by Corsa-Chris View Post
                    ok bud would that just be a stage 1 map?
                    Any map (stge 1, 2, 3...) can be a decat map. It's just something added onto the software.

Comment

will a 200 cell cobra sports cat with remus 3 piece pass mot as been reading some have failed and others have had make sure they are really hot.

Comment

Originally posted by seanvx View Post
                        will a 200 cell cobra sports cat with remus 3 piece pass mot as been reading some have failed and others have had make sure they are really hot.
                        Youd be unlucky to fail with a 200cell cat however just take the car in when she's nice and warm, then you should pass with flying colours.

Also some people have failed MOTs with standard cats

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                            A 100 cell cat also wont last as long. Plus I've seen a few threads where people have failed MOTs with 100 cell.

Any map (stge 1, 2, 3...) can be a decat map. It's just something added onto the software.
                            Astra burgs have 100 cell. Just need to be made hot and it'll get through.
                            #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

As bobby said earlier i have the three piece Remus with a Cobra 200 cell cat and it didn't need any welding of any sort. I went to a rolling road day at AMD and it made 201bhp, which ain't bad as it was a hot day, plus the graph looked smooth which i was pleased about.

It is loud if you were wondering

Comment

Working...
                              X