This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket pdc issue?

Hey all, I bought my Vxr with pdc fitted but don't think it's factory, no button to turn it off etc, I'm driving down the road and it's beeping or locking on asif someone's about to hit me! First time I crapped myself lol, I cleaned the car yesterday as I thought it might be grime or dirt but still doing it :s anyone any ideas?

PDC?

Parking sensors? Front or rear?
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

4 on back 2 at front, same tone of beeping for both though

Comment

Originally posted by muz1990 View Post
        4 on back 2 at front, same tone of beeping for both though
        There was no option for front parking sensors so they're def aftermarket... Speak to the garage you bought from?
        sigpic

Comment

Private lol!

Comment

Private lol!
            Oh.... Do you know where the vehicle was originally registered?
            sigpic

Comment

Not sure lol maybe noted it down somewhere, probably just an auto electritian that done it but I don't know where it's wired in or how or anything really so dot know how to check it out

Comment

Not sure lol maybe noted it down somewhere, probably just an auto electritian that done it but I don't know where it's wired in or how or anything really so dot know how to check it out
                Reason i ask mate is that the Dealers normally fit them "in house" using a prefered sub-contractor.

If this is the case you may find that they can point you in the right direction to resolve it
                sigpic

Comment

I have PDC fitted and where ordered as a factory fit when the car was built.

Rear sensors are only available on the Corsa as a factory fit.

The VXR does not have the switch in the dash as per the other models as the switch space is used for the ESP/Traction control switch, but does have the warning light built into the Rev counter clock , which illuminates if there is a fault with the system. This will also illuminate as per the other warning lights when the ignition is first switched on as a function test.

I guess you must have a after market system fitted, especially if you also have front sensors fitted.

Comment

Yeah defo aftermarket :/ but thanks for the info lol

Comment

had to take the mrs to a job interview today in edinburgh, and every time i touched the brakes the parking buzzer was locking on!!! so this evening i decided.. no more haha

i took my time and enjoyed KILLING it slowly as my head is now bouncing because of the little piece of crap lol, just disconnected the module, tried checking all the wires half way through the car etc but nah wasnt for shutting up and im not replacing it because no one unless your a shockingly bad driver needs parking sensors on a 3 door corsa haha :L

anyway heres the module!

pretty well done IMO for an aftermarket kit though!

and heres the Bugger that drove me mental

its dead now.

haha cheers to anyone and everyone who offered advice though ( TOM as always lol )

Comment

Hahaha good to see you killed it mate Could you not find any loose connections, etc?

Funny that this is the one reason i'd never get an aftermarket parking sensor kit
                        sigpic

Comment

Nah absolutely nothing was loose I'm assuming the module is goosed and there's no chance I'm replacing it lol justglad to have the peace and quiet!

Comment

Working...
                          X