This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine temp for fans

Sorry about all the random questions but just after fitting my new forge alloy header tank and waitng for the fans to come on, just wondering what temp they usually come on at as i have the temp read out infront of me while the car idles...

The fan comes on at around 100 to 105 on mine mate

Comment

Fans come on at 104, to me this seems really high, i tought the fans would have come in well before the 100 is this just normal in corsa vxrs??

Comment

Yea it's normal mate don't worry

Comment

You do realise the temp reading you get in the secret menu is the water temps? Not sure if this has something to do with it. I mean does the kick in at 104 water temp or true engine temp?

Comment

kicks in at 100 on mine for a slower speed and then goes to the higher speed at 104 on mine.

you dont really notice the fan kicking in at 100 unless your in traffic stud still but when the 104 speed kicks in, you can hear it over the standard car noise

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Glad to know i have nothing to worry about

So the temp guide isnt all that accurate and should be used as a rough guide then??

sorry am sounding stupid about this whole engine temp thing

Comment

Originally posted by Kinloch52 View Post

So the temp guide isnt all that accurate and should be used as a rough guide then??

I'm not 100% on this. As far as I knew the temp display in the secret menu was the water temps. Which are different completely to the engine temp.

Im sure somebody can clarify all this.

Comment

lets put it this way, its as accurate as you will get it without putting a temp sensor actually in the engine block itself, only other way is get a digital temp gauge plumbed into a water feed pipe

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                  I'm not 100% on this. As far as I knew the temp display in the secret menu was the water temps. Which are different completely to the engine temp.

Im sure somebody can clarify all this.
                  the fan is used to cool the water which in turn cools the engine down as much as is possible

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Thanks to everyone for giving me peace of mind,

Was just wondering cause the read out was soo high..

Must get the cool temp stat in tomorrow night that will help??

Comment

Thanks to everyone for giving me peace of mind,

Was just wondering cause the read out was soo high..

Must get the cool temp stat in tomorrow night that will help??
                      It will only lower running temps. The fan will still kick in at the 104 read out. Reason being the fan is controlled by the ECU. The thermostat jut regulates the flow of coolant allowing the engine to warm up quicker.

Once one is fitted you will see general running temps of 95 reduced to around 86. They're worth every penny in my books.

Comment

106 mine but ain't heard it since rebuild...

Comment

Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
                          106 mine but ain't heard it since rebuild...
                          @106 comes full speed on. I had same and there was broken resistor http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...r-fan-resistor

Comment

just on the subject of the secret menu ... dose anyone know what the others are ?? apparently there is a air intake temp too??

Comment

Originally posted by loge View Post
                              @106 comes full speed on. I had same and there was broken resistor http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...r-fan-resistor
                              I hear a slight noise at 100 but it doesn't seem to calm the temps as it still goes up 2 107 then the fan can be heard

Comment

Working...
                              X