This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Time!

Well the time has come for some new boots for the arctic. 15,700 isn't bad is it? Only need two but was hoping to find out if anyone had tried different sizes 235/240's, would these sizes cause rubbing? Also was going to keep the conti's so they were all the same but **** are they a bit pricey . Feedback appreciated.

Cheers
    Carbon Flash Navi, 20" wheels, Eibach springs, Courtenay Sport high flow panel filter, Pace FMIC, Courtenay Sport front pipe and 200 cell sports cat, Courtenay Sport remap, AP Racing 9040 6 pot calipers, Reyland 375mm J-hook rotors with Ferodo DS2500 pads front, Ferodo coated discs with EBC Red Stuff pads rear, HEL brake hoses all round, Samco coolant hoses, CG Motorsport 666 clutch kit including solid flywheel.

Not bad at all mate

You can run 240's but as they're not as per the manufacturers fitted size you may need to declare to your insurance; yes that is enough of a reason for them to invalidate your policy should the worst happen.

The 235/35/18's are good enough mate if not pricey.

There are various alternatives to the Conti's; have a look here

http://camskill.co.uk/m61b0s20p0/Car...18_225_35_R_18
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

People recommended the Falken 452s for a all round tyre.
      As Tom said there are hundreds to choose from.

Are you from the Leicetershire area? If so Pm me for prices

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
        People recommended the Falken 452s for a all round tyre.
        As Tom said there are hundreds to choose from.

Are you from the Leicetershire area? If so Pm me for prices
        Although some have said the Falkens are crap when cold and only reasonable when warm... its all personal opinion and preference at the end of the day
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
          Although some have said the Falkens are crap when cold and only reasonable when warm... its all personal opinion and preference at the end of the day
          Lol. When I can get myself Falkens for £75 (cost) I'm not that fussed.

What are the ultimate best Tyres for the corsa? Toyos? Reason I ask is I only have to pay trade cost. Might aswel go all out

Comment

Bought some budgets around a month ago, nangkang's, 2 tyres, fitted, alligned, and all that for £220 which is not too bad.. They seem to be performing fine in the wet.

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
              Lol. When I can get myself Falkens for £75 (cost) I'm not that fussed.

What are the ultimate best Tyres for the corsa? Toyos? Reason I ask is I only have to pay trade cost. Might aswel go all out
              Honestly there is no definitive answer. I'm currently using Avon ZZ3's and despite horror stories from others i think that they're just as good as the Conti's that were on the car.

People rate the Michelin PS2's highly but they're soft so wear quite quickly.... Like i said its all down to personal opinion, trial and error
              sigpic

Comment

I can't complain with pirelli .. Just don't get federal if u live somewhere that has stones.. The dealer gave me rear federals with mine and I spend half my time on the floor digging stones out the tread!
                No VXR
                Abarth and a 330e

Comment

i just put a set of goodyears on and they are much better than the falcons

Comment

Falcons 452 are good tyre for the money! I had 2 fitted and balanced for under 200 quid, I had conti's on b4 I found they struggled in the wet but all round tyre for me is defo the 452's for performance and cost
                    arctic 212, stage 3 regal with all extra's
                    Now for sale, £9500 ONO all thanks to my penus lol

Comment

Cheers for the feedback folks. I've have Toyo's on my cavalier turbo and they weren't that pricey due to it being the standard wheels and they look and perform good but I've stuck with the conti's getting them for £142 (slightly better than £172) each for the sprortscontact 3 rather than 2. Pretty much the same tyre I reckon. If I was changing all 4 I might have went for the falkens or toyo's again. But again cheers for the replies.
                      Carbon Flash Navi, 20" wheels, Eibach springs, Courtenay Sport high flow panel filter, Pace FMIC, Courtenay Sport front pipe and 200 cell sports cat, Courtenay Sport remap, AP Racing 9040 6 pot calipers, Reyland 375mm J-hook rotors with Ferodo DS2500 pads front, Ferodo coated discs with EBC Red Stuff pads rear, HEL brake hoses all round, Samco coolant hoses, CG Motorsport 666 clutch kit including solid flywheel.

Comment

I've got 452's, can't fault them for the price!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                          I've got falkens on the front on mine and they have been decent no problems with them.

Comment

You only get what you pay for.

Stick with proper brands, Contis, Michelins, Goodyears, Bridgestone, Pirelli etc.

Why scrimp on tyres when you have a performance car

Comment

Working...
                            X