This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust

think ing about getting an exhaust for my corsa was wondering if any one knows whaich is the best value for money

cobra 3" turbo back
    remus turbo back
    miltek turbo back

if any one could point me in the right direction

many thanks

Remus don't sell the full system, only down pipe, mid box n back box. No sports cat.

Don't know much about the others.

P.s welcome to vxr land

Comment

Cheapest is cobra, Remus is vx approved and built well and miltek is built craap apparently

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

I've had the Remus 2 piece and I've currently got the cobra 2.5 system (resonated) with sports cat a couple Of my mates have got the cobra 3 inch Ill give you my personal thoughts on the Remus and the 2.5

Remus- sounds really nice in the low down rpm (nicer than the 2.5) also louder than the 2.5 but all in all well worth the money and I'd deffo recommend one .

Cobra 2.5 res- also sounds really nice and torque is better than the Remus but it is a full system so .. And also is really good for the money a great quality exhaust and you can't go wrong

As for the cobra 3 inch Decat from what Ive heard and seen - its got a deep loudness if you like loud you'll love it , it's not a chavvy loud though. Also when giving it some on gear change flames come out the back and it pops like a pringles advert .

So to summarise the cobras I would say are my prefered exhaust but the Remus is mint but you can't go wrong with any of these
        Last edited by kris the kingo 1987; 22 July 2011, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
          Cheapest is cobra, Remus is vx approved and built well and miltek is built craap apparently
          mate the remus is only vx approved if it was on the car when it got to dealer from vauxhall.
          only people with arctics.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/VXR View Post
            mate the remus is only vx approved if it was on the car when it got to dealer from vauxhall.
            A Remus two piece is valid on warranty when fitted by a VAT approved garage mate.

If you have never bought a exhaust and want "best value for money" get the Cobra.
            If you want noise get the Remus.
            If you want the best gains get the Piper 3".

Also welcome to VXRonline.

Wayne that video in sig is mental!

Comment

Not true.

Remus is VX approved as long as fitted by a VAT registered garage. I'm shocked wayne... shocked

Welcome to VXRO

If you're interested in keeping warranty (looks like a blue edition in your avatar...?) then get a two piece remus from Walkinshaw. What year is the car? This changes what option you want (A16/Z16 engine)
              If you're not worried about insurance the cobra 3" is great for gains (its a 3" system...) and the Miltek is recommended by TMS. The Piper is the choice of Courtenay and the Bastuck of Regal.
              If you're looking to tune in the future pick your tuner early and collect their hardware; keeps your "tuner warranty" in tact
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                A Remus two piece is valid on warranty when fitted by a VAT approved garage mate.

If you have never bought a exhaust and want "best value for money" get the Cobra.
                If you want noise get the Remus.
                If you want the best gains get the Piper 3".

Also welcome to VXRonline.

Wayne that video in sig is mental!
                I wouldn't really say the piper is better than the cobra I'd probably say their on par with each other I feel the piper is over rated and over priced it's like a grand for a full system isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by kris the kingo 1987 View Post
                  I wouldn't really say the piper is better than the cobra I'd probably say their on par with each other I feel the piper is over rated and over priced it's like a grand for a full system isn't it?
                  But then there is the argument that you get what you pay for, etc. I think its fair to say its the exhaust with the best gains, closely followed by the Cobra
                  sigpic

Comment

well whats the full gain potential of the piper 3"compared to the cobra 3" ?

Comment

well whats the full gain potential of the piper 3"compared to the cobra 3" ?
                      Piper is publicised at 18 bhp, class leading. I imagine (unconfirmed so guesstimating) the Cobra will be ~15bhp?
                      sigpic

Comment

more than that mate and it sounds wicked...

Comment

All piper has lifetime guarantee. Isn't cobra 15 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                            Remus is VX approved as long as fitted by a VAT registered garage. I'm shocked wayne... shocked
                            mate i do not know much about warranty then........may be because i have never had one.

sod it,mod it.

but i have had.....
                            std exhaust with pre-cat removal pipe
                            pre-cat pipe and full magnex with sports cat
                            pre-cat pipe and full bustuck with sports cat
                            full de-cat bastuck with single exit
                            full de-cat bastuck with twin exit
                            and on monday full de-cat BUT NOT twin exit.......too many about.

all exhaust are better than std,they will all sound better, so just get any of them mate.
                            Last edited by wayne/VXR; 22 July 2011, 03:14 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

mate i do not know much about warranty then........may be because i have never had one.

sod it,mod it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X