Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluefin

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bluefin

    hi all,it would seem that they claim about + 30 bhp for this. Are they easy to fit and use?. How do you guys and girls rate these?.

  • #2
    Originally posted by youngarthur View Post
    hi all,it would seem that they claim about + 30 bhp for this. Are they easy to fit and use?. How do you guys and girls rate these?.
    A good bit of kit mate. It all depends on the car, mods and what stage you upload as to the gains.

    Also look at the EDS IPF, same idea just from Regal instead of Thorney. The EDS IPS also uses EDS maps.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's a non stop argument asking about remaps. Whoever have Bluefin will say bluefin is the best. People who have the EDS software will say that. Best thing to do is ask a tuner all the details you want to know. And if anyone says that you should go with Thorney because it won't void you warranty, they are talking a load of ****.
      Last edited by moeman; 23 July 2011, 03:38 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I used Bluefin before on a focus and was faultless.

        Easy to install as a well, plug and play and just follow the on screen instructions for installation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BangingGlobe View Post
          It's a non stop argument asking about remaps. Whoever have Bluefin will say bluefin is the best. People who have the EDS software will say that. Best thing to do is ask a tuner all the details you want to know. And if anyone says that you should go with Thorney because it won't void you warranty, they are talking a load of ****.
          i've had both and the bluefin is the better map much smoother power delivery turbo kicks in later allowing u to get the power dwn better

          Comment


          • #6
            If your considering remapping then i have a group buy on at the moment for the EDS IPF unit,

            Click on my sig for details
            sigpic

            Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
              i've had both and the bluefin is the better map much smoother power delivery turbo kicks in later allowing u to get the power dwn better
              I have heard the power delivery is much smoother from the bluefin. People seem to think that the more BHP, the faster you car will be and that's why they go for the EDS software. Obviously this isn't the case. I'm still trying to decide who to go with but from what most people have said, Thorney are the better option and they are only a 20 minute drive away from me so if anything goes wrong, which hopefully won't happen, it's not a ball ache trying to get there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Over 3 years of reading about tuning an tuners I would use regal or courtenay.

                Im not tuned an don't plan too unless I jump on the boat an drive to the far side of England lol
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  i haven't had any problems (yet) - and I have bluefin - only problem I have had is the clutch - but other than that can't fault it.

                  Can't comment on EDS IPF - but from what I do know it depends what sort of tuning you are going to do.

                  Bluefin seems fairly lkimited - EDS has more options.
                  Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

                  New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    if you ain't going further than zaust, cooler and filter get the bluefin mate its pucka can reset engine management lights and give you fault codes

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
                      if you ain't going further than zaust, cooler and filter get the bluefin mate its pucka can reset engine management lights and give you fault codes
                      I don't really want to go any further than that any way. I know people have gone much further, e.g Wayne's beast, but I can't see the point in going past 250bhp in a front wheel drive car. Just want all the flat spots removed and a nice sounds exhaust

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BangingGlobe View Post
                        I don't really want to go any further than that any way. I know people have gone much further, e.g Wayne's beast, but I can't see the point in going past 250bhp in a front wheel drive car. Just want all the flat spots removed and a nice sounds exhaust
                        bluefin is the one for you think if fully tuned with stage 3 bluefin map it will be abit more than 250bhp anymore and you def need a diff even standard the vxr ain't the best off the line or round roundabouts traction on and it kills the power turn it off and it just spins with a diff its like a different car one of the best mods for the car in my opion

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yer my mate has had a quaife diff put in his astra and it's so nice to drive. Lowered with a diff and the handling will be spot on. I will definitely be phoning round and getting all the details before finally deciding who to go for. But will probably be thorney and the blue fin.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X