This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby on the way...CVXR practical?

Hi there, looking at getting myself a corsa vxr in the next week, and i do have a wee one on the way, due in january.

I was just wondering who has a baby and a corsa vxr and how practical it actually is, ie boot space, getting the child seat out the back etc....

I get a baby in and out of my D but it does get annoying! Recommend a 5 door mate.

Comment

Originally posted by tamg63 View Post
      Hi there, looking at getting myself a corsa vxr in the next week, and i do have a wee one on the way, due in january.

I was just wondering who has a baby and a corsa vxr and how practical it actually is, ie boot space, getting the child seat out the back etc....
      my wife has a 3door corsa d (so same as a corsa vxr) and she has our grand daughter alot, putting her in the back was no problem with its big doors.
      sigpic

Comment

Mate you need something like mine a 5 door Sri with 250bhp

Comment

Haha ^^
          cut the school run times in half!

Comment

Some people say its fine, some people say its impossible and others dont really care coz they love the vxr so much!....wev got isofix unit and a maxi-cosi cabriofix not sure if that will make it much easier?...Im willing to put up with it, just dont want my girlfriend struggling on a cold winter morning

What about leg room in the back for a baby 9 months upwards?

Comment

i had a corsa gsi years ago when i had my first child and its a nightmare lasted two weeks and had to go out and get a 5 door instead.
              STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

Ive had 5 adults in the back and was surprisingly spacious. Have no experience with children and the car though. Pop over to a dealers and have a nosey.
                Take a car seat etc and pretending your takin the little one in and out etc.

Comment

I'd go for an astra vxr, bigger boot and I found it fine with the kids, a three door didn't really bother me Good luck tho
                  sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Comment

Astra would be a better shout mate for room.
                    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

You will really struggle with getting a pram plus all the other stuff you need in the boot and three doors is a bit of a nightmare as well. Lots of potential for damage when putting the car seats in or out of the car as it's easy to bang the seat off the paint. One good thing though is you can turn the passenger airbag off so rear facing seat in the front is an option.

To be honest though, I've only had our two in the corsa a few times. You really want an insignia for hassle free motoring with kids as the boot is massive so you can get the pram/buggy, changing bag and a weeks shopping in the boot.

Comment

What about the Vectras?

Comment

vectras are nice but think my girlfriend would think she was in a bus compaired to her 3 door clio!

Comment

i would say no! mine struggles with a decent shop

sigpic

Comment

Well if you're happy with the 3 door situation a Corsa or Astra are good bets. Obviously the Astra has more room and a bigger boot. But doesn't have the option to turn the front airbag off AFAIK?

Astra is more of a family car compared to Corsa due to size.
                              Pop over to a Vauxhall dealership and have a good nosey around the cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X