This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtec 308 discs

Just wondering if anyone is/was running them? Any good?

RedStuff pads arn't getting too much praise on here atm so I was looking at Mintex pads.

Thanks,

Leo.

It's funny you should say about the redstuff pads cause my experience with them was good and id recommend them to anybody
    kris the kingo 1987
    nec aspera terrent
    Last edited by kris the kingo 1987; 24 July 2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Ah ok. I've ordered RedStuff pads for the rear but not for the fronts yet. Still in 2 minds whether to get them. You're saying they're good and other people not too happy with them.

I'll do more research when I come to buy a new front set up But your comment is noted!

Comment

Yeah are they any good.. better than standard..

Tbh if they get rid of the sqeaking it would be better lol

Comment

well when i had them i thought they were good but other ppl dont rate them so ... ive currently got yellowstuffs on but i prefer the reds to them

Comment

Another thing that all comes down to personal prefrence. I've used EBCs before but always found I preffered Black Diamond Predators

ASTRA MK4
            build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...46#post2094646

Comment

Originally posted by scottyedlin19 View Post
              Yeah are they any good.. better than standard..

Tbh if they get rid of the sqeaking it would be better lol
              Grease them well and pads won't squeak

ASTRA MK4

Comment

Yeah that's true. Just wondering if these were popular and worth getting. Although, I probably will get these.

Comment

I had mintex pads ony citroën they are ok for the money but they squeak like mad and when I was fitting them the pads arnt very tidy they over lap the metal. But like I said they are ok for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by brad123 View Post
                    I had mintex pads ony citroën they are ok for the money but they squeak like mad and when I was fitting them the pads arnt very tidy they over lap the metal. But like I said they are ok for the money.
                    Ah ok. Well i've spoken to my mate and i'll probably get OEM pads and get the Mtec discs. I've ordered some RedStuff pads for the rears.. just because they seemed like a good deal!

Comment

i've had a set on for about 3 weeks, with red stuff pads, so far their fine , i've also got earls braided hoses & a set of ducts underneath

black paint was a ***** to scrub off

nickthegreek
                      VXRacing ahead
                      Last edited by nickthegreek; 24 July 2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Thats a good looking setup there mate.

ASTRA MK4

Comment

Very tidy, Nick! Very tidy!

Do you know if all the Mtec discs come with the black coating?

Comment

They don't, you have to ask for it

You can have any combination, drilled, dimpled or grooved, for the same price. Find a set on eBay then message them with what you want, they will be more than happy to help. There cheaper on eBay than the mtec website

Comment

Ah ok cool. I was looking for drilled and grooved. So just basically, when you've paid for them, just send them a message and tell them what you want? Simple as that?!

Comment

Working...
                              X