X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400BHP. Best tuner?

Hello.

right i'm new to the vauxhall vxr scene and need advice on tuners.

if i had a ford or evo i'd take it to MADevelopments. But they don't deal with vauxhalls and there main expertise is autronic.

basically i'm wanting to build an engine capable of 400bhp. funds are coming in. and warranty isn't going to last long...lol.

my question to you all is who would be the best tuner to get my advice from. and do any of these tuners deal with autronic? also who on here is running a safe 400bhp?

i am aware that peeps will prefer one place and others prefer another place.

just give me some feedback if possible. then i can start my build thread
    Last edited by Steely; 15 August 2011, 06:34 PM. Reason: i'm a ding dong
    VXRacing NO.276

do your own reasearch mate , plenty of tuners who will take your cash

see what tuner meets your needs and alot of info on here in tuner threads

speak with bo and percy they know there stuff

Comment

Or get a V8 will be a lot cheaper
      sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

which ever is closest, as if going to be running 400bhp you are going to get a lot of niggles here and there, so you do not want to be driving 2/3oo miles, to get your tunner to look at it

what area are you from ?
        ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by nurburgring24 View Post
          do your own reasearch mate , plenty of tuners who will take your cash

see what tuner meets your needs and alot of info on here in tuner threads

speak with bo and percy they know there stuff
          are bo and percy members on here? i know

i can do research and find out the hard way. so thought i'd see what over peeps have to say. and if any have had high powered builds and can give me some chat about problems they have had etc? after all its only a 1.6
          VXRacing NO.276

Comment

yeah they members on here mate

alot of people will say other different things , speak with a tuner that you comfatable with

Comment

I do believe that Courtenay and Regal are the only two to hit the magic 400. Unless you look at the Greece boys.

I'd give them both a ring as theyre both in the know. Decisions unto you who to go with.
              Wayne/vxr is running 400+ so he may be a good one to speak to however he is with Regal and won't be suggesting others lol. Still gives you a idea.

Overall ring the company's

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                which ever is closest, as if going to be running 400bhp you are going to get a lot of niggles here and there, so you do not want to be driving 2/3oo miles, to get your tunner to look at it

what area are you from ?
                north devon chap

the engine work will mainly be carried out by me. i just need the right stuff to do the job. and the right tuner to map the build. trailering the car about isn't a problem. but making sure the build is right......is.
                VXRacing NO.276

Comment

Regal are pumping out the most high powered corsas.

Speak to wayne hes running somewhere around 400bhp.

Courtenay also have done a recent 400bhp corsa i think i seen a thread about that.

Personally if i had to tune any vxr it would be one of these two tuners for sure.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                    Or get a V8 will be a lot cheaper
                    +1

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

i will have to give those 2 a ring which is true. and those greece monkeys are mad. 500-600bhp. thats just madness in a corsa. and would be stupidly undrivable. not that 400 won't...lol.

i'd love a vxr8. but sort of fell in love with the pocket rocket. just disappointed with the power etc. want something to put a smile on my face
                      VXRacing NO.276

Comment

The Greece are using the GT28 as Regal are using in their 400+ conversions however have a 1.8 stoker kit to pair it to. To be honest I think it would be more drivable then a 400 with a 1.6 as less turbo lag and a smooter curve? Still way too much power. It's a drag car now I believe though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Steely View Post
                          i will have to give those 2 a ring which is true. and those greece monkeys are mad. 500-600bhp. thats just madness in a corsa. and would be stupidly undrivable. not that 400 won't...lol.

i'd love a vxr8. but sort of fell in love with the pocket rocket. just disappointed with the power etc. want something to put a smile on my face
                          You would have alot less hassle with an astra lol
                          sigpic

Comment

all the main tuners would be able to do the build but at a price, regal have just done the gt28 set up on a corsa vxr, speak to wayne on here, he would be able to help with prices, wont be cheap. thats also mapped on the oe ecu, not many tuners have gone aftermarket on the vxr's due to the cambus system they have, they tend to map the oe system, i know own developments have just put some motech on an astra vxr but at a price. having a company doing the engine build and fitting a standalone like a motech set up you would be looking at handing over about 10k. then you have the chassis and drivetrain to sort out to handle the power. then a couple of grand just incase things brake.
                            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Theres a few people that i know that are good besides tuners but wether they will do the work is another question

probs best advice is to learn to do it yourself as its hard to be able to depend on other people doing the work unless you are rich and have another car to use.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Working...
                              X