X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice appreciated

Morning All from sunny Cyprus

I'd like to pick your brains. I know the general consensus will be 'get it to a garage', but there are only a handful of Corsa VXR's and OPC's on the island. So, I'd like anyone who may have had similar symptoms to let me know what their problem was so, if its a known fault I could possibly help point the garage in the right direction.

Basically, driving home from work on Friday, I was on the motorway doing 75mph in 6th. Normally, if i accelerate at this point the power delivery is nice and smooth. However, on this occasion when accelerating the car was 'stuttering'...i.e the power wasn't coming through and then, suddenly it did. It wasn't lag, it was an uneven delivery.

This is not so noticeable from low revs in the other gears, but it is still happening through the gears.

Initially, it would almost seem like a dirty fuel line to me, but I'm more concerned that it could be the turbo?

Just wondering what your thoughts may be.

I don't drive the car hard, its as it was when it left the factory and has never been modded.

Thanks in advance.
    Flame Red Corsa VXR

coil pack maybe, happend to me & me mate before...

EDIT: eh and maybe the plug ?
    Last edited by Brano; 11 September 2011, 08:29 AM.
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Id say just as a cheap option change the plugs.

Of problem is still there have a look at the coil pack and then the MAF sensor.

Comment

Cheers guys.

If its the coil of MAF any idea of the sort of money I'd be looking at?
        Flame Red Corsa VXR

Comment

i recon the coils are about 80 pounds and the maf is about 70-80 pounds?

i had a similar problem on my evo chap. it was like it was blowing a spark out. i changed the plugs and all was fine. i'd do that first as they are cheap. not sure if the maf is cleanable on the corsa or not. maybe someone can shed some light.

what mileage is the car chap?
          VXRacing NO.276

Comment

throttle closure maybe from over boosting

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_jones2002 View Post
              Id say just as a cheap option change the plugs.

Of problem is still there have a look at the coil pack and then the MAF sensor.

I'd have said this too.....!!!
              Hope ya get it sorted..!

Comment

coil pack in uk retails at 130..do not use anything other than an original from vaux..

as said above start at plugs..

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I'll try the plugs first.

It's a 2007 plate on 30k miles. Due a service too so I guess I'll dust the wallet off

Other than that not had many issues with the car and have loved every minute of it. Only other problem I have at present is the aircon, went to get it re-gassed and the guy said that there was a leak somewhere so need to get than looked at too. However, it does not appear to be the usual problem with other VXR's as I have noticed no fluids leaking/cracks etc.

Thanks again everyone for the help/suggestions.
                  Flame Red Corsa VXR

Comment

Mine did exactly the same at exactly same speed I left it a while and it started doing it at lower speeds (eg 40mph in 4th sort of rev region), I then had the plugs changed despite Vx assuring me they didn't need changing and it's never done it since! Good luck.

Ps I don't charge for this diagnosis however I do require an all expenses paid week long break to cyprus!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyc2010 View Post
                      Mine did exactly the same at exactly same speed I left it a while and it started doing it at lower speeds (eg 40mph in 4th sort of rev region), I then had the plugs changed despite Vx assuring me they didn't need changing and it's never done it since! Good luck.

Ps I don't charge for this diagnosis however I do require an all expenses paid week long break to cyprus!
                      Cheers getting the plugs changed this week and hope thats all it is.

If you fancy a trip to Cyprus feel free........you can stay with my mother in law ;-)
                      Flame Red Corsa VXR

Comment

I was there in June had I known I would have offered this advice earlier......

Comment

Just watch out for the aircon. My dad got ripped off by a garage saying it wss leaking they charged him £60 and didn't do anything!

Comment

Working...
                          X