This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly Time

Well final details are set to be released middle of October and Orders starting to be taken!

Anybody else thinking about ordering one!

I cant wait ;-)

Black VXR

I'm definately considering one as a replacement to my wifes 1.2 SXI. Will ultimately depend on price, and performance (although I don't think this part will be an issue).

Take it you are eager as well?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
      I'm definately considering one as a replacement to my wifes 1.2 SXI. Will ultimately depend on price, and performance (although I don't think this part will be an issue).

Take it you are eager as well?
      Yes, Been looking now for a few weeks...

What you think the price is going to be?

Do you think we can expect 200 Bhp??

Comment

I'm expecting price to be around 15K, 16K at most. The BHP should be in the region of 200 as otherwise it's already outpowered by the Clio 192, which would not be a good starting point. Whilst power is not everything it does give a marketing edge, hence they should push the boundary and go for it.

I've been awaiting the Corsa VXR for around 8 months now, and prior to getting the Astra VXR it was to be my car of choice. Unfortunately for my bank balance I got impatient, test drove the Astra and was smitten - made the order that day....

Since then have been extremely happy with it and can only hope that the Corsa lives up to it's bigger brother....

Comment

yeh

Yeh lookin at gettin one when it comes out.

Comment

I wouldn't compare the engine to NA cars because with turbo the power can usually be available @ much wider RPM range. Based on my own experiences with the new 1.6 turbo unit in meriva, corsa should wipe out nearly all of the current smaller hot hatches - at least if the new chassis is any good.

Comment

The TopGear magazine test drove the standard corsa and remarked that the handling/stability is much improved which bodes well for the VXR version. Hopefully it will be handed to Lotus again to work their magic and make it even better.

Comment

Originally posted by static
                I wouldn't compare the engine to NA cars because with turbo the power can usually be available @ much wider RPM range. Based on my own experiences with the new 1.6 turbo unit in meriva, corsa should wipe out nearly all of the current smaller hot hatches - at least if the new chassis is any good.
                I hope this is true

Cant wait to get mine now..

Comment

The only problem with the TG review was their typical view of VX's which is that they were boring. If you read the review, link in this forum, you'll see that the guy thought it was a really good drive, good car - but it's a vauxhall and therefore boring and not as good as the others :?

Saw one in the dealership on Thursday, looks really nice and interior is much better than the old one. Will see if I can get a test drive sometime soon to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                    Hopefully it will be handed to Lotus again to work their magic and make it even better.
                    it wont have the same Lotus touch as did the astra but if i can remember corrctly they had input into the spring and damper rates but thats about all

Comment

Thats a shame. It has made a difference as our roads are so cack that we it helped, just a shame I didn't know before I paid for the IDS+ to be added . Still if the basic model is good then the VXR version should be better, can't wait to see one in action for real

Comment

yeh im also looking forward to the release of the Corsa (after previously owning a 250hp Corsa B turbo) looks promising after seeing the SXI version of the new corsa in the dealers, 'er in doors wants one but she's not keen on wild bodykits so we'll have to see how the finished model looks before we order one. fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                        X