Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car making funny noises

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • car making funny noises

    when i accelerate slowly i can hear a kindof vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv noise, and iv never heard this before but i always have the music on so i cant hear it, an last night i did and it also made a beep noise for about 1 second. any1 had this or could help???

  • #2
    Could be a wheel bearing.

    Comment


    • #3
      what wood the beep noise be then mate?

      Comment


      • #4
        the beep could be the ABS self check. Nothing to worry about.
        M135i

        Comment


        • #5
          Is the noise when you first drive off or constant?
          Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

          Comment


          • #6
            no mate i know what the abs check is, it was defintly not that. the abs does a few beeps after moving off, this was 1 beep after been moving for 15 mins an i was doing about 15 mph thats how i heard it, 1 beep for about 1 sec.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jammievxr View Post
              no mate i know what the abs check is, it was defintly not that. the abs does a few beeps after moving off, this was 1 beep after been moving for 15 mins an i was doing about 15 mph thats how i heard it, 1 beep for about 1 sec.
              I don't no about the beep but the noise could be wheel bearing. You still got warranty?
              Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

              Comment


              • #8
                iv got warranty with arnold clark but the closest 1 to me is a 100mile round trip, so if this was a quick/easy fix i could get it done at my local garage. save travelling all that distance an possibly further ruinin the car. cheers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jammievxr View Post
                  iv got warranty with arnold clark but the closest 1 to me is a 100mile round trip, so if this was a quick/easy fix i could get it done at my local garage. save travelling all that distance an possibly further ruinin the car. cheers
                  Personally I'd get a local garage to check it. If its something simple then pay them to fix it if it's something major then go to Arnold Clark
                  Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i will do mate. i used the pedal test on my old astra mk4, does it work on the corsa vxr? an wood it show up wot these problems im having?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jammievxr View Post
                      i will do mate. i used the pedal test on my old astra mk4, does it work on the corsa vxr? an wood it show up wot these problems im having?
                      Nope there's no pedal test on the dorsa. Need someone with tech2 or obd
                      Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thats pants. think im gona have to get it to the garage. but itl have to wait coz im in magaluf 2moro. so il have nae cash to get it fixed. grrr

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Is the car not covered under a network Q warranty?

                          Corsa VXR now sold

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rich.corsa.vxr View Post
                            Is the car not covered under a network Q warranty?
                            i never bought it from vauxhall tho mate

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jammievxr View Post
                              i never bought it from vauxhall tho mate
                              Ah I presumed as you bought it with Arnold Clark it would have been through there vx franchise. Or if the cars under 3 years old it will still be covered by vx

                              Corsa VXR now sold

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X