X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospective VXR owner signing in...

Hi guys,

Just a quick post to make myself known. I'm in the market for a hot hatch and having cancelled an order on the clio 197 I'm seriously considering the corsa vxr. I love the astra but I'm saving for other things and want some fast, affordable fun and I'm hoping the corsa will fit the bill.

I've just found this site and I love the look of the corsa vxr. I'm 6 foot 3 and hoping that I'm not going to be big for it!

From what I can see I'm impressed. I drive a 1.6 civic sport just now and I do like the look of the new CTR but the price is a bit steep plus I could do with a change. Here's hoping the corsa will give the 197 and CTR something to worry about

cheers anyways, looking forward to reading and seeing more of the corsa vxr as more info becomes available.

Martin

Hi Martin, welcome to the site.

Comment

cheers Ian, car's looking good
      Prospective Corsa VXR owner.

Comment

Hi mate think u may have issues with head room im 6 ft and must say the astra dont have that much room have to have the seat not as up right as i would like the recaro seats are tall. I have been in the normal one thats fine will just depend on what seats vxl put in sure thay will get it wright.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

welocme mate

if one of the corsa development booklets is anything to go by, they placed a US basketballer in the back of one for press shots in the US

Comment

At least I can fit in the back then

I know that after market bucket seats tend to sit a fair bit higher but it'll be bloody typical if I don't fit in the thing Time will tell - did a search for the basketball/corsa pick with no luck. Anyone?

Comment

get your hands on the lastest Total Vxl mag as they have a write up on the SXi with pics that should give you an idea of room or head down to your dealers and sit in one.

Comment

but the seats in the normal one are so much lower than the recaros, had the same thing with my vectra b with the st 200 seats, but as long as its not too bad you will over come this, it also depends so much on your own driving position as two people of the same hight may be so different in the way thay sit in a car.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Re: Prospective VXR owner signing in...

Originally posted by Martin_M
                  Hi guys,

Just a quick post to make myself known. I'm in the market for a hot hatch and having cancelled an order on the clio 197 I'm seriously considering the corsa VXR. I love the astra but I'm saving for other things and want some fast, affordable fun and I'm hoping the corsa will fit the bill.

I've just found this site and I love the look of the corsa VXR. I'm 6 foot 3 and hoping that I'm not going to be big for it!

From what I can see I'm impressed. I drive a 1.6 civic sport just now and I do like the look of the new CTR but the price is a bit steep plus I could do with a change. Here's hoping the corsa will give the 197 and CTR something to worry about

cheers anyways, looking forward to reading and seeing more of the corsa VXR as more info becomes available.

Martin

Jonathan

Comment

You'r probably right but I have a thing for having a car brand new and really looking after it

Comment

Re: Prospective VXR owner signing in...

Originally posted by Martin_M
                      Hi guys,

Just a quick post to make myself known. I'm in the market for a hot hatch and having cancelled an order on the clio 197 I'm seriously considering the corsa VXR. I love the astra but I'm saving for other things and want some fast, affordable fun and I'm hoping the corsa will fit the bill.

I've just found this site and I love the look of the corsa VXR. I'm 6 foot 3 and hoping that I'm not going to be big for it!

cheers anyways, looking forward to reading and seeing more of the corsa VXR as more info becomes available.

Martin

I was considering the Clio 197 when I heard of the new Corsa VXR. Why did you give up on the Clio? It's similar... well, everything, price, power, design, extras... and the Dieppe factory is supposed to have history of longer production of track-day and sporty cars. I still haven't decided on which one I'd prefer, actually.

Greets,

Comment

hey,

I don't know if you've been on the Renault sport foum but the reports of new 197 owners having so many problems put me off so I cancelled my order and only lost £100. This, plus the fact that the majority of Renault dealers in Scotland are Arnold Clark, who is shocking to say the least. Mind you, so is Vauxhall :?

Comment

i'm 6"2 and dont think its too bad in the astra , and as for the choice the 197 is nowhere near as head turning as the vxr , come and join us in the prestigious club you wont be disapointed mate
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                          X