This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa D VXR Tyre Thread

Ok so we get a lot of tyre threads and to be honest what you'll get is a list of the tyres people have fitted but a better way of doing this is to have everyone of us use the following (At point of writing I find it a shock to find only 1 review for the Corsa VXR!!!)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_F.../Corsa-vxr.htm

Once done then we just need to point everyone to it so they can make their mind up using the collective ratings and factoring in their own planned usage of the car

So to try it out simply add your rating to it - http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/submit.htm

Astra

Not a bad idea Ian; I've just added my 2p for Kumho KU39's

I think the key to it is for people to be honest in their scoring; There is no benefit in scoring 10/10 if it doesnt actually deserve it.
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
      Not a bad idea Ian; I've just added my 2p for Kumho KU39's

I think the key to it is for people to be honest in their scoring; There is no benefit in scoring 10/10 if it doesnt actually deserve it.
      Yep - for it to benefit the next person along honesty is required for sure

Astra

Comment

Tyre life.

How long/ how many miles are people's tyres lasting them ? I got brand new contis 3 or 4 months ago n I'm on the limits again.😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How many miles have you covered in them?
          M135i

Comment

I got 15k out of Goodyear eagle F1s on the front
            - Corsa VXR Blue Edition -
            Progress Thread
            Now Sold!

Now awaiting delivery of the new Type R
            Instagram: danielstorton

Comment

Drive it like you stole it and they won't last long
              FRESH Clique 24 (24 hours)
              WG Motorworks - RABBID REMAP
              Ko6 Turbo. 3"Turbo Back custom exhaust De-Cat - KW V2 Coilovers Porsche Brakes
              331 BHP Fully forged - Fast Road Cams - Plus Williams Clio 3

Comment

10k 😂

Comment

Infact about 7 since new ones

Comment

Contis don't wear that great but 7k is a bit low for wearing out from new
                    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Suppose I've been a bit too heavy footed then 😒

Comment

good idea this, im currently looking for new ones, will have a gander

Comment

Just gunna get contis again 😄. They've gone down like £40 since I last bought them

Comment

As a newby to vxr ownership.... Doez it really matter if tyers are the big brand names as long as they are the correct size and speed rating??? And if they are only lastin 7/10 thousand miles is that using them on track days as well or just road use?????? gonna need two front tyers in a few thousand miles and just wondering wether to get non brand with correct speed ratin as they are a LOT cheaper....

Comment

Originally posted by Simon's blue vxr :) View Post
                              As a newby to vxr ownership.... Doez it really matter if tyers are the big brand names as long as they are the correct size and speed rating??? And if they are only lastin 7/10 thousand miles is that using them on track days as well or just road use?????? gonna need two front tyers in a few thousand miles and just wondering wether to get non brand with correct speed ratin as they are a LOT cheaper....
                              Yes. They're the only points of contact with the ground. There's no point in scrimping and getting cheap and nasty tyres. Especially if you are going to drive it hard.
                              #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Working...
                              X