X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L11FKR View Post
    Thanks man,

Yeah that’s pretty much the same story I’m hearing over Facebook too if I’m honest what tyre size did you go for? I’m currently running 215/35/18 which is abit too hard and always catch my alloys when going up curbs but I want to go for 225/40/18
    Yes I run the std 18” size as you say but the 225/40/18 will give you more clearance against kerbs and protect alloys better but may affect the speedo reading best check with the tyre company I’m sure it changes the speedo reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by GPH69 View Post
      Yes I run the std 18” size as you say but the 225/40/18 will give you more clearance against kerbs and protect alloys better but may affect the speedo reading best check with the tyre company I’m sure it changes the speedo reading

Comment

• I didn’t realise that I’ll have a check thanks man and they do look pretty nice that size tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by L11FKR View Post
          I didn’t realise that I’ll have a check thanks man and they do look pretty nice that size tbh
          They look good but feel every bump if you get the higher profile will be more comfortable ride

Comment

• I guess I drive sensible, I just changed my Astra VXR from tyres, the back ones were looking like new still. 17K on the clock.
            From new they fitted Michelins, I replaced them with Uniroyal Rainsport 3, shark skin technology. Pretty impressed with them at the moment and got the pair from the internet for £235 inc VAT.

Took them to a local fitting service they weren't happy about fitting them as I bought them myself but agreed in the end. they said the pressure sensors usually got broken changing the tyre, but he was careful not to damage them or the wheels. £15 a side to fit. Won't go back to Michelins again as they are up to £215 per tyre fitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave001 View Post
              I guess I drive sensible, I just changed my Astra VXR from tyres, the back ones were looking like new still. 17K on the clock.
              From new they fitted Michelins, I replaced them with Uniroyal Rainsport 3, shark skin technology. Pretty impressed with them at the moment and got the pair from the internet for £235 inc VAT.

Took them to a local fitting service they weren't happy about fitting them as I bought them myself but agreed in the end. they said the pressure sensors usually got broken changing the tyre, but he was careful not to damage them or the wheels. £15 a side to fit. Won't go back to Michelins again as they are up to £215 per tyre fitted.
              Can’t go wrong with the rainsport 3 , I have all 4 and in the wet the grip is same as in the dry , there amazing for the money

Comment

• Replaced my original conti sports that were on my 2010 model when I bought it new. 9 years and 46k later. Still a bit legal but not much so thought it best to get them done.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X