Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from Wakefield, Lime Green Burg.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Wakefield, Lime Green Burg.

Hi guys, so recently purchased my first VXR from Vauxhall and having to wait till saturday to pick it up but though might as well sign up.

So I'm coming from a 1.4 SXi which has been good but after testing the burg theres no competition "I'll admit I did cr*p myself)

So heres the beast/beauty.

Modifications wise I'm only starting with the basics at first

Wind Deflectors
    LED Headlights etc.
    SMD Conversion
    Colour coding heater rings
    and so on...
    Just basically starting simple and working my way up. So any advice is appreciated.
    #280 Corsa VXR Green Burg : Hearing The Turbo Makes My Day!

Welcome

'Ring looks lovely, you'll be loving it once you get it on some lovely roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Comment

Originally posted by Minismithy90 View Post
      Welcome

'Ring looks lovely, you'll be loving it once you get it on some lovely roads.

Thanks, don't Think I'll be on them lovely roads anytime soon, scared to use the power haha. First thing is getting it home and getting a feel for it.

But after driving that I've noticed that my 1.4 has no power at all.

Comment

An absolute beauty mate.

I had a corsa 1.2 club as my first car (for insurance reasons, slowest thing going) but the difference is immense, although my corsa vxr isn't on the same level as your burg lol

what modifications do you have in mind for the future?

Comment

Looks smart mate, sure you'll love it

I came to my VXR from a 1 litre Corsa B so mine felt pretty quick at first haha, soon got used to it though and i still love mine 18 months down the line
          | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Comment

Decided for the burg over the standard VXR since it would save getting bilstein suspension etc.

But modifications wise just starting small but eventually would like to improve the BHP
            My insurance allows me to add any modification for free unless it affects BHP

So starting with cheap bits like SMD conversion, LED headlights etc. Will be making a progress thread and looking at others.

Comment

That's pretty awesome. Who are you insured with?

I wish I had got the burg to be fair but was out of my budget at the time. Recently fitted the burg front splitter and a k&n panel filter.

I hope to upgrade suspension, exhaust and fuel injectors in the next 6 months before going for a remap

Comment

Originally posted by vxkarl View Post
                That's pretty awesome. Who are you insured with?

I wish I had got the burg to be fair but was out of my budget at the time. Recently fitted the burg front splitter and a k&n panel filter.

I hope to upgrade suspension, exhaust and fuel injectors in the next 6 months before going for a remap

Gonna be dressing the engine bay at first with the stainless steel pipes from enhanceyourcar. Still undecided whether to go for panel filter from Green Air Filters
                or get the Pipercross Viper from Larkspeed. Along with that the forge silicone hoses for everything else. Gonna be getting the forge brace bar, rear strut brace from EYC and front brace if one is available. Powerflex bushings, whiteline racing anti-roll. Already have the Bilstein suspension.

So thinking thats all thats needed for handling wise. Gonna do some interior tweaks as well. more colour coding than anything else. Is it possible to get green seatbelts at all? I know you can get blue and black.

GID screen and VXMMI if one comes available.

But still having all these ideas and I havent picked the car up yet.

Comment

haha as long as you have this car the ideas will keep flowing. the possibilities are endless.

yeah I quite like the steel pipes by enhanceyourcar. im also interested in this, very very neat. I also want to get the brace bar but just trying to stay within my budget. they injectors, exhaust and suspension alone will take me well over a grand.

I went for the panel as I saw on a forum where a guy ran tests on his car cone vs panel (although it was a clio). he found an increase in bhp with the panel and a DECREASE with cone. not sure if this is relatable to the corsa at all but I played it safe with the panel.

since ive installed the burg splitter ive scraped twice on speed bumps even though im driving over it like a snail. I doubt you'll have the same problem but let me know if you do.

I have seen quite a few burgs with green harness seatbelts so they definitely exist. is it the harness seatbelt youre going for?

Comment

Looks nice mate! I'll keep an eye out for you.
                    Arden Astra J
                    Carbon Flash Corsa VXR Clubsport - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst89 View Post
                      Looks nice mate! I'll keep an eye out for you.
                      Yeah, Waiting till Saturday so when I get it, should meet up. I'm always in Leeds haha.

Comment

Whereabouts in Wakey are you?
                        Arden Astra J

Comment

Whereabouts in Wakey are you?
                          Up near Pinderfields Hospital. Yourself?

Comment

Dewsbury
                            Arden Astra J

Comment

Dewsbury
                              Not far at all then, Might have seen you around and not noticed.

Comment

Working...
                              X