This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remus Double Decat

so i managed to convince the mother to get me a cobra decat pipe for xmas. apparently i have other responsibilities including getting new tyres :L... so will i need it mapped or will it run fine for now untill i have the funds for an airtec and injectors and then map... will it throw up the eml? put it in limp? burn alot more fuel than it already does?

EML will come on unless you get a spacer, I'd recommend the 90 degree one. Although mine still comes on for running rich, it doesn't affect the car.. Plus it only comes on every couple thousand miles, so it's not that bad.

Comment

is it a necessary requirement or can i just run it with the eml on for now untill i can save up for stage 3? how much more rich will it run as i can never seem to get more than 25mpg :L

Comment

Originally posted by !..PJ..! View Post
        is it a necessary requirement or can i just run it with the eml on for now untill i can save up for stage 3? how much more rich will it run as i can never seem to get more than 25mpg :L
        Will run spot on as normal.

Depends how you drive, can stay the same or you find yourself pushing it harder for the noise ahah.

I sit on 21-22mpg 😂

Comment

The 90 degree spacer can be had off ebay for under a tenner - think i paid 3.85 delivered for mine so there's no excuse not to get one and keep the light off.

I'd be inclined to not fit the decat until you have it remapped anyway - the car will just end up being slower and noiser.
          Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by Hxrry View Post

Depends how you drive, can stay the same or you find yourself pushing it harder for the noise ahah.

I sit on 21-22mpg 😂
            have you had yours mapped ? i love the noise more than life itself will it loose power if i dont get it mapped?

Comment

have you had yours mapped ? i love the noise more than life itself will it loose power if i dont get it mapped?
              It'll loose torque if its not mapped which is why i said it'd be slower.
              Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Nah not mapped

I found it takes a second or two for it to pick up but it's not down on power I'd say

Pulls hard still

Comment

Originally posted by Hxrry View Post

I sit on 21-22mpg 😂
                  21-22 mpg? Damn haha I'm sitting around 35.7 over last 6k miles or so. Love remus with decat.

Comment

Originally posted by Runesource View Post
                    21-22 mpg? Damn haha I'm sitting around 35.7 over last 6k miles or so. Love remus with decat.
                    how do you manage 35.7? have you removed your turbo? or can you not reach the accelerator? haha thats impressive

Comment

how do you manage 35.7? have you removed your turbo? or can you not reach the accelerator? haha thats impressive
                      These mpg claims that people put out, id take them with a pinch of salt. Depends what you do, motorway driving compared to urban driving, and living in a hilly place such as yorkshire like my self, and u will see a massive diffrence, the comment about removing the turbo tickled me

Comment

I got no idea mate, it's mix of motorway and town. I don't get much fun with it though, usually isn't warmed up when someone wants a little play. Over last 6k miles it was at 36.1 for a while, but it's dropped to 35.7 with being late for work haha. Although the zaust is loud enough to not have to boot it, maybe that helps.

Comment

Working...
                        X