This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa Vxr engine noise on tick over

how does everyones corsa vxr's sound on tick over ive got a 57 plate corsa vxr recentley serviced 58k miles and sounds tappy on idle boosts fine drives fine no misfire just noisy on idle

they all are it seems. some days sound worse than on others lol
    sigpic
    MY13 ARDEN BLUE CORSA OPC IN MY GARAGE

Comment

lol im probably worrying over nothing the cars runs perfected gears are smooth boosts as it should gets warmed up before journeys, serviced 600mile ago, probably nothing lol just sounds a little noisy so thought with me being a new vxr owner to ask about.

Comment

probably
        sigpic

Comment

Mine is VERY tappy on idle mate. Think theyre just noisy engines in general

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

08 on 63K

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ohh okay thanks mate

Comment

As people are saying. Seems to be a common thing i woudnt worry

Comment

Around 1000rpm Ok if it goes lower after a moment to about 850-870. If not and it fluctuates a lot more maybe you should clean the MAF.
                  Trust No one!

Comment

it says at 1000rpm and is tappy on idle how would i clean the MAF

Comment

is it normal for the needle to fluctuate very SLIGHTLY on idle???
                      sigpic

Comment

My needle stays still

Comment

@Rare @balz
                          Very slightly yes ,just after starting the engine, after a minute or two it should go below 1000 around 850-870. (Are you viewing rpms through the secret menu or just looking at the needle?)
                          By what you describe it sounds normal, dont worry if it doesnt fluctuate abnormally!! Anyways if it is bad and needs cleaning, you would also notice the needle fluctuating up and down while driving it.
                          To clean it you could use petrol or better buy a specific spray for cleaning mafs.
                          Trust No one!

Comment

I havent tried rpm through the secret menu, and i think mine could be noisy valve lifters guna try running a valve cleaner through

Comment

Originally posted by race View Post
                              @Rare @balz
                              Very slightly yes ,just after starting the engine, after a minute or two it should go below 1000 around 850-870. (Are you viewing rpms through the secret menu or just looking at the needle?)
                              By what you describe it sounds normal, dont worry if it doesnt fluctuate abnormally!! Anyways if it is bad and needs cleaning, you would also notice the needle fluctuating up and down while driving it.
                              To clean it you could use petrol or better buy a specific spray for cleaning mafs.
                              http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/ba...55412.mp4.html

idling between 743 and 752 revs
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X