This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need advise please about warranty

Hi, hope somebody can help me I own a standard corsa vxr 14 plate with 12,000 miles on the clock. I was driving home yesterday on the motorway and when I was stood in traffic I went to accelerate and the car struggled to select a gear especially 3rd and through every gear change it makes a grinding noise when I lift off the clutch. I would suspect it will be the clutch which is slipping. I called my local Vauxhall dealer and they weren't very helpful they just said it might be covered under warranty but might not be and booked my car in for the 4th Jan. I'm concerned as I really look after my car and don't drive it hard at all and dunno whether to drive it in the meantime. Has anyone else had this issue and does anybody know what it could be? I really hope it's covered under Vauxhall s warranty

Vauxhall say that just to cover themselves. ie if there is no fault found them you would be charged
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Comment

There's Deffo something not right. I don't mind paying Vauxhall to inspect but if the clutch or gearbox has gone wrong it would be expensive and only had the car 6 months and only 1 year old

Comment

My understanding is clutches are only warranted for the first 3 months from new

Comment

Id be careful that they don't try and pin the fault on you if it is the clutch. They may turn round and say you've been riding/abusing the clutch. Be prepared to argue the **** out of them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtc Vxr View Post
            My understanding is clutches are only warranted for the first 3 months from new
            3 months ????

Try 18,500 miles.
            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
              3 months ????

Try 18,500 miles.

+1 that's all you get on a clutch

Comment

Originally posted by ashdeman View Post
                Id be careful that they don't try and pin the fault on you if it is the clutch. They may turn round and say you've been riding/abusing the clutch. Be prepared to argue the **** out of them lol.
                You might be hard pushed to argue that it's not down to driver error if you're not the first owner though

Comment

Working...
                X