This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 to 45 profile tyres?

I'm really sorry if this has been brought up before .
    I'm having nothing but trouble with my tyres splitting etc on local roads. I currently am running my burg on 35 profile tyres as standard but I only use it at the most, once a month . I'm sick of going to the car once a month and finding a flat tyre. I went out today and had 3 flats yet again. I drove it last month and a tyre wall split going over the local dual carriageway for the 2nd time.
    Has anyone fitted a higher profile tyre etc 40 or 45 to there 18's yet? Any problems?
    I had a new ibiza fr and a scirocco tfsi . Both of these had serious issues with the low profiles splitting and egging the walls . When I looked into it lots if people had increased the profile to reduce the problem.
    Any info would be really appreciated.

I've done it on my burg. I run 40 profile, makes it handle better as well, we'll I think it does, probably the tyres I'm running as well!

Comment

40 profile people change to. Not 45.

Don't think anyone has issues with 40 profile.
      Arden Corsa VXR

Comment

I have 40 profile nangkang ns2-rs on my burg and for the first few months my front wheels would rub the arches under heavy cornering, they don't seem to do it any more though

Comment

I run 40 profiles on mine

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
          White VXR Clubsport.

Comment

I used to run 225 40 with r888s and it just seemed to take the edge off turn in. Id go down in wheel size rather than up in tyre size so it doesnt affect how the car turns

Comment

i'm running 235/35/19 goodyear eagle f1 all round and have no problems ,what brand tyre you got,have notice budget tyres are ***** and would stay clear of them

Comment

Originally posted by WHASSUPJOE View Post
                i'm running 235/35/19 goodyear eagle f1 all round and have no problems ,what brand tyre you got,have notice budget tyres are ***** and would stay clear of them
                19" on a Corsa? Bet your speedo/odometer is out by a mile!!!
                Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nürburgring Edition #197. Progress Thread.

Comment

Drop to 17s will improve everything no end.
                  Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nürburgring Edition #197. Progress Thread.

Comment

Extra load/reinforced/high load index tyres may also help if you're not on them already.
                    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

They dont really help! I used avov zz3 that are extra load etc and i ended up sending them back cos they kept splitting the inner side walls!

Comment

40 profile , eagle f1 , enough said.
                        stage 3

Comment

Originally posted by nippyrascal View Post
                          40 profile , eagle f1 , enough said.
                          I must say the eagle f1 is the only tyre it didnt ruin!!

Comment

My 40 profile pzero Nero's have been fine no issues and they've done a track day

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
                            White VXR Clubsport.

Comment

Thank you for all the advice .
                              I'll stick some decent 40 profile tyres on.

Comment

Working...
                              X