This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust and injector questions

Ive posted about this before but would just like some more clarification.

Basically my corsa vxr is fitted with a remus 3 piece and sports cat and while it does sound really nice, its far too loud for my liking (been getting some looks) i have bought a standard centre section of the exhaust with the silencer to replace the 3rd piece, but will this make it quieter? ive heard that most of the noise comes from the sports cat and precat-decat so is it worth me replacing the remus 3rd piece so that my exhaust will become a remus 2 piece with a sports cat (will this be quieter than a 3 piece and sports cat)

Also when i got the car the guy said the person before him said that it might need the injectors changing but that he hadnt got round to it, but he gave me 4 new standard injectors so that i could do it.

the car sometimes doesnt start and the idle will be really lumpy unless i give it some revs and also sometimes when im putting my foot down it feels a little jerky almost like its losing power for a brief moment. does this sound like one of the injectors is bad? there is no engine light on or anything just those two things that occasionally happen (the jerky acceleration is more frequent)

How hard is it to just replace all four of the injectors with the new ones i have? is there a post that i couldnt seem to find explaining how to do this?

cheers

unless you have a faulty injector do not see the point in replacing with another standard injector, get the injectors checked to see if they are uprated ones ie 390 cc and are there any fault codes stored or pending, get a diagnostic reader on your car.
    stage 3

Comment

He said they are just standard injectors on there but that one of them might be faulty! i have a wifi code reader but it doesnt show up any codes stored or pending. i could go and have another check though. For the previous owner to mention the injectors and include 4 new ones makes me think that he must have known there was an issue so it might be worth just putting them on if it isnt too much of a pain

Comment

has the car been mapped or standard ? if mapped you would be wise to uprate the injectors if still standard then the new oe injectors will be ok, not hard to replace them might be a guide here some where. I reckon your problem will be elsewhere and not injector but if you have new ones you might as well replace to see if it cures your problem.
        stage 3

Comment

Its stage 2 at the moment! if i was going to put bigger injectors on i would probably wait until the time comes i decide to take it to stage 3 with a bigger turbo, because wouldnt i need to get bigger injectors mapped in?

wouldnt do that until i have a bit more money anyway and right now i just want to get it running perfectly and also try get it so its not so obnoxiously loud! i see yours is stage 3, how loud is yours? do you have a remus 3 piece and sports/decat? i swear mine has got louder recently maybe its blowing a bit and its making it even louder, ill have to have a look under it

Comment

at stage 2 you should be ok on oe injectors depending on who mapped the car, when I was stage 2 mine was mapped by courtney and was all ok on oe injectors but the general opinion is once mapped get injectors upgraded, do you have a number on the box or injector you have, should start 0280, I had 390,s fitted when I went stage 3 , you might have new uprated injectors already but possible they are the manifold machine ones that previous owner could not be bothered to have fitted as there is more work involved that the direct fit ones, as for my exhuast piper 3" not overly loud but you can tell its not standard .
            stage 3

Comment

just had a look and the 4 new injectors i have, have 280158108 on the side so im assuming they are standard ones that are direct fit. if it isnt too much work i may as well just chuck them in seen as though i have them and if and when i decide to go to stage 3 ill buy bigger ones!

hmm if yours isnt overly loud with a 3" system i dont see why my remus 3 piece + sports car is what i class ridiculously loud! maybe i should take a video of me revving it and someone can tell me if that how loud its supposed to be or if its blowing which is making it even louder

Comment

0280158108 is the oe standard injector so you should be ok to replace yours , but if I was you get a set of 390cc injectors fitted and mapped in , get your exhaust checked for leaks .
                stage 3

Comment

In that case I'll try find a guide and get the injectors put in! I will upgrade when I come to go stage 3 down the line! And yeah I'll have to bung the exhaust up and see if there are any leaks and if there isn't and that's how loud it's supposed to be I'll put the standard centre section on making it a Remus 2 piece with sports cat! That's assuming the standard centre section will fit with the sports cat? I know the arctic edition has the 2 piece as standard but then it also has a standard cat!

Comment

Take caution when changing injectors, its not as simple as you might think. Wipers, scuttle panel and ECU have to be removed to get access to the fuel rail.

Personally if it struggles to start and is lumpy I'd be trying more simpler (and more common to fail) things first. Plugs, coilpack, MAF etc.

Comment

Hmm perhaps it's a job for the garage to do then! I wouldn't say it's running lumpy, just sometimes it struggles to start until I give it some revs in which case it sorts it out! It's more a case of when I'm on boost it feels like it momentarily loses boost and then picks up again! I've had both solenoids changed (the spanner light used to come on when accelerating hard) which has stopped since replacing the rear solenoid.

Maybe I should get it in for a full diagnostics or something? Although I always thought a full diagnostics was just them plugging it in to see if there's any codes

Comment

When my maf went it wouldn't start until I gave it a few revs, otherwise it would just fire up and cut straight off again, when driving it would reduce power and the spanner light would momentarily flash on. Sounds like youre having similar symptons.

I plugged an OBD2 Bluetooth reader and used an app on my phone to view the cars sensors, "Flow rate from mass air flow sensors" was reading between 0.01 - 1g/s which helped me to diagnose the problems to the MAF.

Comment

That does sound like a similar issue! I'll check the flow rate of my Maf! Thanks a lot

Comment

Just scanned the Maf sensor when idling and it's reading between 2.75-3g/s is this normal?

Comment

Not sure what it should read when idling, the reading of mine wasn't moving even at wide open throttle when it failed

Comment

Working...
                              X