X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdaamP
    replied
    Cheers for the help.

Ended up taking it to a garage. 550 for new gear and bearings to sort this out.

Leave a comment:

• GPH69
    replied
    Have you tried draining the gearbox oil and putting in a decent quality oil first before you go spending big money on a new box, Fuchs Titan syntofluid 75w 80 is supposed to be the best for this gearbox so try that first as they do need good oil and it may never have been changed, also if you drain it and there's bits of metal in the oil the I would go for new gearbox at £650

Leave a comment:

• AdaamP
    replied
    Yeh thats what i meat, just what would need doing.

Ive been quoted at £600 inc VAT to fix this problem or £650 + vat for the uprated m32 gear box. Does that sound about right/is it worth going for the newer box?

Leave a comment:

• Ers
    replied
    Originally posted by AdaamP View Post
    Yeh only when i go to accelerate

That doesnt sound too bad - was it a quick fix?

Depends what you mean by a quick fix as the gbox would need to come out and 3rd gear to be repaired

Leave a comment:

• AdaamP
    replied
    Yeh only when i go to accelerate

That doesnt sound too bad - was it a quick fix?

Leave a comment:

• Arctic martin
    replied
    Does it do it as soon as you press the accelerator in 3rd, say if your just rolling in 3rd it will not pop out of gear?

If so I'd say it needs a new 3rd gear I had this problem but in 2nd

Leave a comment:

• AdaamP
    started a topic Gearbox Problem

Gearbox Problem

Hello,

Im quite new to the forums as ive only had my VXR for a week, cant seem to find my answer through other threads.

Whats happened is whenever i go into 3rd gear it just drops back to neutral. It drives fine in any other gear.

Ive not noticed any sounds & the car has driven fine, just started happening today. I Know the previous owner, so i dont think ive been given a bad deal here when i bought it.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be & how much it would be to fix? Thanks for any help given
Working...
X