This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all the vxr guru's!!!

I've tried to fit the Remus 3 piece but can't fit the downpipe that came with it. Does my 2007 corsa vxr have a A16 engine or a Z16? It should have a Z16 but There's nowhere to fit this downpipe between the flexi pipe and manifold. Not sure how to add pictures. Any help will be very much appreciated
    YouTube: JDM DRIFTERz sigpicRemus 3 Piece, Regal RSS DV, Pipercross Cone

for that age its the Z16 LER, later models around 2010 were the A16 LER, and the Burgs and Clubsport are the A16 LES.

James

sigpic
    MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

The downpipe won't fit to the flexi pipe, thays my problem

Comment

Should be 3 bolts in a triangle pattern on the remus 3 piece IIRC. Downpipe then connects to the Turbo with a v band clip.

James

sigpic

Comment

Do you see the triangle fitting in the end of the flexi pipe in the pic u just showed me? My downpipe has the same 3 bolt triangle fitting yet it won't go on the end of the flexi pipe.
          Thanks for getting back to me btw

Comment

Have you tried fitting it together off the car? To make sure it does fit together. Try just attaching the bolts lightly and then see how the downpipe lines up with the manifold that way.

I know with my old Remus on my Astra I had to fit the downpipe to the flexi/cat section before I attached it to the turbo as it just wouldn't line up otherwise.

James

sigpic

Comment

I have the back box and the centre piece along with the downpipe with no flexi pipe(im using the stock one as it's the same) so I can't connect the downpipe to any of it to line it up

Comment

Originally posted by insanejim69 View Post
                for that age its the Z16 LER, later models around 2010 were the A16 LER, and the Burgs and Clubsport are the A16 LES.

James

my 63 plate burgs a16ler ?? Not les
                My Vauxhall history- nova sr mk1,nova sport, nova gte, nova 2l 8v, astra gte 16v, nova gsi, nova 2l 16v, nova 2l 16v, corsa Sri. NOW- Nurburgring edition #430

Comment

According to my hand book mines is an A16 LES, mines is a 14plate.

Even states Corsa VXR - A16 LER, and , Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition - A16 LES. As the Burgs and Clubsports use a different turbocharger and engine map from regular VXR's.

James

Last edited by insanejim69; 16 September 2016, 06:28 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXXXR View Post
                    Do you see the triangle fitting in the end of the flexi pipe in the pic u just showed me? My downpipe has the same 3 bolt triangle fitting yet it won't go on the end of the flexi pipe.
                    Thanks for getting back to me btw
                    The later downpipes still have a vaugely triangular flange but the bolt holes are not identically spaced.

I think most likely explanation is you have an aftermarket flexi section for a later car, considering everything else goes together using the standard flexi.

You should post a picture up of the flange to be sure.

Where did you get the exhaust from - new or used? Could just be a genuine mistake by the seller.
                    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

This is a link to a video I made showing what parts I got.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gai4YNmtgc

I have a picture of my flexi but not sure how I can show u on here

Comment

All the Remus stuff in your video looks Z16 so that is ok.

If you send me a photo of your flexi (see PM) i wil upload it
                        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by VXXXR View Post
                          This is a link to a video I made showing what parts I got.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gai4YNmtgc

I have a picture of my flexi but not sure how I can show u on here
                          Bit off topic but iv been watching your corsa videos and been waiting for you to get this fitted.

Comment

Ok cheers pal

Comment

I haven't had a chance till the other day dude, should be on by next week. (I hope)

Comment

Working...
                              X