Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nurburgring Front Brake Discs - best price in country? - new brakes all round :D

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurburgring Front Brake Discs - best price in country? - new brakes all round :D

Hey guys

After owning my Burg for 5 years () it's time for new brakes all round. I already had Greenstuffs on the front and rear - I think getting 5 years / 50k miles out of the original discs is pretty good going on such a car.

I searched high and low for front discs and the best price you can get them for is from Courtney. They have just dropped the price slightly so they are now £175 delivered - Vauxhall wanted £290! So anyone wanting them, this is your best bet.

These will go with new Brembo discs on the rear along with new Yellowstuffs on the front and back and ATE Type 200 brake fluid which gets rave reviews. Cannot wait to have all this kit put on as the brakes are feeling pants now

Hope this helps anyone not sure where to get new brakes for their Burg.
    Last edited by jps; 4 October 2016, 09:13 PM.
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

Cheers for that JPS. What did you think of the greenstuff on the front?

Comment

Originally posted by yammyr4 View Post
      Cheers for that JPS. What did you think of the greenstuff on the front?
      Yeah they felt great when I got them. Cheaper and better than the Vauxhall ones, so why not? Also no squealing and hardly any brake dust
      Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.

Comment

i went for the brembo HP's from courts for front pads and they are amazing! Stopping power is ridiculous. Im going to get greenstuff for the rear soon though.
        Name's Lewis - White Corsa Burg 279
        Follow me on twitter and instagram - @LNWeth
        Location - Isle of Wight

Comment

Originally posted by LWeth View Post
          i went for the brembo HP's from courts for front pads and they are amazing! Stopping power is ridiculous. Im going to get greenstuff for the rear soon though.
          Wow they do sound really good!

Scrap that - after doing some research online, rang EBC and decided to upgrade the Greenstuffs to Yellowstuffs - apparently far superior and a much better feel and much less fade.

Comment

I'll be due front discs soon. I think the standard discs are brilliant anyway and even if there were other options id still go for the standard discs.

Theyve impressed me.
            Arden Corsa VXR

Comment

Originally posted by C16 VXR View Post
              I'll be due front discs soon. I think the standard discs are brilliant anyway and even if there were other options id still go for the standard discs.

Theyve impressed me.
              Agree. They are great, something special about them seeing as no one else makes them lol.

Comment

I am also in the process of doing the same thing on my burg. I see courts do the 8g discs for the burg? what are peoples thoughts?

That brake upgrade sounds very good jps, what about getting hel brake lines all round for an even better set up? think they are about £120? on hel's website

I looked into getting the tarox f2000 discs, enquired and they were over £600!!! not a chance!

So im thinking at the moment-

Front- standard front discs, brembo hp2000 pads

Rear- standard rear discs (are they the right ones on your link jps?) im up for suggestions on rear pads??? yellow stuff or greenstuff etc?

just found this http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor.../1-6-turbo-202 even more pad choice

Hel brake lines all round and typ200 fluid
                Last edited by l333dgy; 2 October 2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by l333dgy View Post
                  I am also in the process of doing the same thing on my burg. I see courts do the 8g discs for the burg? what are peoples thoughts?

That brake upgrade sounds very good jps, what about getting hel brake lines all round for an even better set up? think they are about £120? on hel's website

I looked into getting the tarox f2000 discs, enquired and they were over £600!!! not a chance!

So im thinking at the moment-

Front- standard front discs, brembo hp2000 pads

Rear- standard rear discs (are they the right ones on your link jps?) im up for suggestions on rear pads??? yellow stuff or greenstuff etc?

just found this http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor.../1-6-turbo-202 even more pad choice

Hel brake lines all round and typ200 fluid
                  The braided brake lines are really tempting but just think I'm spending enough now and not sure how much longer I will own the car so don't want to go too mad.

£600 for discs wowser. They must be amazing.

Yeah they are the right brake discs- you'll need to buy 2 - plenty of discount vouchers around for ECP. The Burg has same rear discs as standard VXR so nice and cheap.

Set up sounds good although be careful about having the HP2000's on the front with something totally different at the back as they will get to temperature at different times so might not be perfect but someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post
                    not sure how much longer I will own the car so don't want to go too mad.
                    Stop telling porkies. You're going to take it to your grave! I'm still waiting for you to let me know when we are going test driving cars to tempt you away!
                    Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

Comment

''Set up sounds good although be careful about having the HP2000's on the front with something totally different at the back as they will get to temperature at different times so might not be perfect but someone correct me on this if I'm wrong''

This concerns me now, so i might end up going for the same as you (yellowstuff)

it does make sense to go for the same all round, its just ashame brembo dont do the hp2000 for the rears.

Comment

Originally posted by l333dgy View Post
                        ''Set up sounds good although be careful about having the HP2000's on the front with something totally different at the back as they will get to temperature at different times so might not be perfect but someone correct me on this if I'm wrong''

This concerns me now, so i might end up going for the same as you (yellowstuff)

it does make sense to go for the same all round, its just ashame brembo dont do the hp2000 for the rears.
                        If you want to hold off for a few days, I'm getting everything fitted Friday so can let you know what the Yellowstuffs are like, but after reading all the reviews on the net, I'm really excited to get them on. Expecting a huge improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post
                          If you want to hold off for a few days, I'm getting everything fitted Friday so can let you know what the Yellowstuffs are like, but after reading all the reviews on the net, I'm really excited to get them on. Expecting a huge improvement.
                          will do! roll on friday!

Comment

I'd be suprised if you noticed a "huge improvement" over a standard pad. It's also fine to have different compounds between front and rear - rear brakes do less of the braking and will be at different temperatures to the front.

Comment

Working...
                            X