This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Oil, Service Info

Today I had my fourth year service on my burg, I have been looking through the tick sheet and i can definitely confirm that the gearbox oil being a yearly service item only applies to the LES models...

Item number 17; transmission oil, quality = BOT 402, quantity = 1.8 litres

I still don't understand why the LER hasn't got this additional service item, and owning an LER burg I am slightly concerned.

Hope this info helps anyone wondering whether they require it in their service. Even if they are slightly concerned why their LER doesn't need it :/

Lewis
    Name's Lewis - White Corsa Burg 279
    Follow me on twitter and instagram - @LNWeth
    Location - Isle of Wight

Would love to know why considering they're the same gearbox and both burgs so same spec having lsd etc, or are they? Iam begining to wunder if theres something up as no one can give a answer to why all burgs aren't les like stated
    My Vauxhall history- nova sr mk1,nova sport, nova gte, nova 2l 8v, astra gte 16v, nova gsi, nova 2l 16v, nova 2l 16v, corsa Sri. NOW- Nurburgring edition #430

Comment

Originally posted by jamie.77 View Post
      Would love to know why considering they're the same gearbox and both burgs so same spec having lsd etc, or are they? Iam begining to wunder if theres something up as no one can give a answer to why all burgs aren't les like stated
      I'd like to know this too, I have a standard Corsa-D VXR (A16 LER) and I'm guessing the only difference in the transmission between mine and a Burg/CS is the LSD ?
      sigpic

Glacier White 2013 Corsa-D VXR ::.

Comment

I am using BOT303 as that is the part number for the oil that is used in the Clubsports and revised from the BOT402. Also have 2.4 litres in mine.
        Chilli Orange Corsa Nurburgring, No. 011

sigpic

Comment

Been having a nose through some VX database parts listings etc and found that you can get a Turbo charger unit for the z16ler and A16ler engines but it states not suitable for a16les engines. There is another turbo charger listing with a different part number for a16les engines. So I assume like I thought before that the Burgs do have a reworked turbo charger as stated in the original VX press release?? Just wandering what that means for the Burgs that have the different engine codes, ler and les? Very confusing!!

James

sigpic
          MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

its like the burgs with LER engine codes are wrong and should in fact be a LES...
            Name's Lewis - White Corsa Burg 279
            Follow me on twitter and instagram - @LNWeth
            Location - Isle of Wight

Comment

Seems to be a question thats never been sufficiently settled! Has anyone asked Vauxhall why there burgs LER when there stated/sold as being LES??
              My Vauxhall history- nova sr mk1,nova sport, nova gte, nova 2l 8v, astra gte 16v, nova gsi, nova 2l 16v, nova 2l 16v, corsa Sri. NOW- Nurburgring edition #430

Comment

Working...
              X