This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise to Vauxhall's Baby VXR.

As a current owner of a Corsa C, I gotta admit that the boys at luton have out done themselves with this model! Im a huge VXRacing fan anyway and the styling of the new corsa as just like a mini sport hatch astra, the VXR looking almost like a a touring car (minus stickers!)
    Options list even includes a roll cage if your to believe Auto Express!

Glad to hear some work has gone into the chassis, the massive problem in the C is was and always will be understeer. Ive only got a Z10XE and even I get affected by it so lord knows how the 16 and the 18 boys cope!
    On that point, I was thinking, waht would be the winner on a circuit race, the Corsa C 18XE or the Corsa D 16LET? Would be in interesting match up for sure.

If I could afford it, I would be getting the VXR. Not saying its expensive, just stating the obvious that im poor! Its a tidy package, looks the part, all the stats show it goes how it looks too..... just an outstanding little car!
    Well done Vauxhall, keep up the good work!

Can just imagine the delivery room (ahem, sorry) workshop where the VXR corsa was born.
    "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Sport Hatch. It's a Boy!! ..................AND WHAT A BOY!!!!!!!" :P

Re: Praise to Vauxhall's Baby VXR.

Originally posted by marky895
    On that point, I was thinking, waht would be the winner on a circuit race, the Corsa C 18XE or the Corsa D 16LET? Would be in interesting match up for sure.
    Personally I think it would be a bleedin boring match. The Corsa C 1.8 is hardly a match for anything, let alone the new VXR ....

Comment

You do know the 1.8 has a quicker 0 -60 than tha astra sri turbo....

Comment

Welcome Mark,

To be honest I would be very surprised if the 1.8 came anywhere near the Meriva VXR, let alone the Corsa. Oooopppsssss there's me telling everyone how good the Meriva is.

Actaully last night I was out with some who owns a VX220T and I tihnk he was surprised how well the Meriva went with that engine as his comments where, you must really peeeeeeeee people off in this, a bus going pass them.

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
          I think you'll find that the manufacturers quoted times put the 2L T (170PS) SRI Astra 0.1 secs above the 1.8 Corsa

Comment

Now could that be due to the weight difference in the 2 cars Mmm i wonder.

Comment

I got some times from the internet on that one, dont know what the manafacturers times are, Interesting though dont you think, even if they are very close toegther whats .1 of a second...

Comment

Well ive got a 1.8 SRI Corsa why dont we settle this by having a race....? (joke)

Comment

In all honesty I dont see the 1.8 beating the vxr, especially if it was on the twisties.

Comment

I didnt mean it beating the vxr.........!!

Comment

I got some times from the internet on that one, dont know what the manafacturers times are, Interesting though dont you think, even if they are very close toegther whats .1 of a second...
                      The corsa must've had it's seats folded down

Comment

No need for that LOL.......

Comment

Working...
                        X